Chapter 29

School ended and unfortunately for me, I have detention. I went to report to Mr Kim and was sent to the class.

"Get in," he said and I stepped into the detention class and sighed. He closed the door and locked it.

Just then, I saw Taehyung sleeping at a desk in the middle of the class. I'm not alone for detention again. I smiled and went up to him. I wanted to sit beside him when suddenly a thought hit my mind.

'Choi Mina.'

No, I can't get close to Taehyung. I can't betray Mina.

I sighed and tiptoed away to another seat. I pulled out a chair silently and sat down, resting my head on the table.

Alright, honestly, I've got to say, I have some feelings for Taehyung. Just, a little. I know he's a cold and mean person. But when he's nice, he really is. Knowing Mina likes him too, I am trying my best to stay away from Taehyung so that I won't fall for him and betray Mina. I can't, Mina's my bestfriend.

I kept thinking about it and my eyes became watery when suddenly someone clapped his hand infront of my face and I got startled.

"Hello?" Taehyung said.
"Oh, hey," I replied to him and faked a smile.

He sat beside me and I got uncomfortable, I quickly sat up straight and made sure there's a safe distance between us.

"Why are you here too?" He asked.
"I was late to school, remember?" I answered.
"Tcchh, why are you always late nowadays," he said and poked my arm, and I moved away.

"I'm here because I got caught vandalising the teacher's table again. Unlucky huh," he told me.

I faked a smile again and ignored him, looking away. I nervously gripped the sides of the chair.

"Yah, let me see your hand," he said.

I got panicky and ignored him again. He grabbed my hand that had the red mark on it. I quickly pulled it away.

He looked at me, confused. "I just wanna look at the red mark, what's wrong with you?"

I bit my lip and looked down. "There's no need to. I'm fine," I said.

"Yah... Why did you get caning? Is it because you came home late last night?" He asked.

I slightly nodded, but I didn't even look at him.

"You're very weird today, Pabo Hyejinnie," he said and studied my face.

"Just leave me alone, I need some rest," I said and rested my head on the table. He too rested his head on the table whilst staring at me. I can't even rest feeling his presence near me. It just feels so wrong.

I gave up and I turned to him, my eyes a little watery. I just can't seem to mask these feelings.

"Are you okay?" He asked, still looking at me, "You're so unusual."

"Taehyung ah..." I called him.

"What?" He replied.

"From now on, can you stay away from me? I mean, let's not talk at all or eat together during break. And I'll try not to get detentions the same as you," I said to him as I held back my tears. Honestly, I didn't know why I was teary in the first place.

"What the hell are you talking about? Did your parents tell you to stay away from me? They found out you went out late last night to see me? Why? Why must we stay away from each other?" He attacked me with questions.

"Just do so okay," I said.

"When? Now?" He asked.
"Yes, now."

He got up from his seat and walked away, sitting far from me. My heart ached a little bit. It's that easy for him isn't it? I doubt he likes me or anything. I wish the best of luck for Mina. I sighed and rested my head on the table, waiting for the detention to end.