Chapter 26

I woke up on a Friday morning, adjusting my eyes to the brightness of the room.

Where am I? Oh right, Taehyung's place.

It's a school break after camp. I decided to shut my eyes close and continue sleeping.

Suddenly, I felt something tickling my nose. I scrunched up my nose, but it still felt ticklish. I slightly opened my eyes to see Taehyung tickling my nose with a feather duster.

"YAAAAH!" I yelled and rubbed my nose. "That's dirty!"

He chuckled. "Wake up, idiot. I made breakfast."

"Breakfast?" I said, "Am I dreaming or did you really make breakfast?"

He shoved the feather duster to my face. "Shut up its already 9am, go wash up, stinky," he said and left.

I threw the feather duster on the floor and sneezed because my nose got itchy.
I became puzzled at the very unusual Taehyung whom woke up early to make breakfast. Ignoring my thoughts, I went to the toilet to get cleaned.

After I was done washing up, I went down to the dining table and smelled the sweet aroma of freshly made pancakes. The table was meticulously set, like a hotel's.

"DAEBAK! You know how to make pancakes?" I said to him, amused. I sat down on the chair and he sat opposite me.

"Yeah, I'm an expert at making breakfast," he said and grinned.

"Yea right," I said, "I saw the ready-made Pancake Mix packaging alright."

He smiled sheepishly.

We both ate our breakfast quietly when I suddenly decided to ask him something.

"Why were you... sleeping beside my bed last night?" I said, trying my best to ignore the part about him holding my hand.

He took a long time to chew his food before swallowing it to talk. "Uhm, I must've sleepwalked. I guess I can't sleep anywhere else but my bed," he explained.

I nodded and continue eating.

**

After breakfast, we both sat at the living room and rested.

"Are you going back home today?" He asked me.

"Well, I guess I have to," I replied and pursed my lips.
"Oh..." he said and we broke into silence.

"What will you do when your parents talk about your late grandmother?" Taehyung suddenly asked me, and I got a little emotional thinking about her again.

I sighed. "I'll just, be quiet or talk when I have to."

He gave me a smile and sat beside me. "Don't be sad alright. Since you're leaving soon then why not we play games," he said and took out his gaming controllers.

I chuckled, "You versus me? I'm good at games you know?" I said as I took one of the game controllers.

We decided to play a car racing game. In the first round I lost to him, then I beat him in the second.

We played for about an hour or so when we realised we had a tie - I won 8 times and so did he.

"Alright, why not we challenge for the last round, then the winner decides a punishment for the loser," Taehyung suggest.

"Okay, bring it on!" I agreed and squeezed my game controller hard, focused on the television screen.

The game started. The first lap and I was already way infront of him, and then he overtook me soon after. Pressing on the buttons hard, I sped fast and went ahead infront of him. I was approaching the finishing line. I knew it will be my victory.

"Better luck next time-" I said but suddenly his car zoomed past mine and reached the finishing line before mine did.

"HAHAHAAAAH! LOSER!" He mocked me and sticked out his tongue.

I rolled my eyes and dropped the game controller. "I'm gonna kill you if you're giving me dumb punishments," I said and folded my arms.

"Hmmm..." He thought for awhile. "Your punishment is..."

I got a little anxious waiting for him to tell me what's my punishment.

"...your punishment is to... become my girlfriend for a day. Just one day," he said.

I stared at him, puzzled.

"MICHYEOSEO?! (ARE YOU CRAZY?!)" I shouted at him and smacked his chest.

He slightly chuckled out of nervousness. "Okay look. It's not that I'm trying to hit on you or something," he said awkwardly.

I raised an eyebrow and waited for him to explain further.

"I just need you to pretend to be my girlfriend, for one day, only infront of Seojun, only in school," he said.

"Why Seojun?" I asked.

"Because I remembered hearing him talking at the staircase telling you to be his girlfriend so that you can avoid me or something. That was totally unnecessary, and I'm getting a revenge," Taehyung said and scrunched up his fist.

I looked at him for a few moments before breaking into a huge laughter.

"What?" He asked.

I only laughed. "Okay cool. So what's the point of this whole revenge? Seojun will get jealous? Oh cmon'," I said and continued laughing at his silliness.

He rolled his eyes. "To let him feel what I felt before," he said.

I stopped laughing and turned to him.

"What do you mean let him feel what you have felt before?"

He looked away. "Nothing. Your parents might get worried, you should go now," he said.

I nodded and we headed to the door.

"Remember your punishment okay, pabo Jinnie," Taehyung said as he opened the door and I stepped out.

"Yeah whatever. Thanks alot by the way," I said and smiled.

He nodded, closing the door and I left.

***

Monday morning came and I groaned at the thought of having to go to school.

Good news is that my parents have not been quarrelling anymore.

I stepped into the school and walked along the hallway, heading to my locker to get some stuffs. Suddenly, I saw Seojun walking towards my direction. I gulped, looking away.

Just when he was quite in a few metres from me, someone grabbed my shoulder and slammed me against a locker. My back literally sticked flat to the locker because I was shocked. He put his right hand against the locker, beside my head and his face was close to mine.

"Morning, babe," Taehyung greeted me and smirked.

I stared at him, confused. "What's wrong with you?" I whispered at him when I realised Seojun stood frozen, looking at me and Taehyung.

Then I remembered, I'm supposed to be his girlfriend for a day.

Taehyung continued staring at me in the eyes. It's just acting but why is my heart beating so fast?

I bit my lip until Seojun walked away from us. I breathed out heavily and Taehyung finally got away.

"Babe?! I'm gonna die cringing," I said to Taehyung.

He smirked, "Good job anyways, we'll continue soon."