Chapter 33

School ended and I finally rested at home after an exhausting day at school. I came out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my body, feeling fresh. I went to check my phone. 17 missed calls from Mina. My eyes widened and I quickly called her back.

"Yobuseyo? Mina?" I spoke.
I heard her sobbing over the line. My heart beat fast, worried about her. What happened? Why is she crying?

"Hyejin..." she finally talked.
"What happened?" I asked her repeatedly.
"Meet me. At the park. Now," she said and hung up.

I was confused. She sounded angry whilst talking to me. I quickly put on a plain white t-shirt and denim shorts. My hair was still wet after the shower, I wanted to blow dry it but I had no more time to waste. I quickly rushed out of the house and headed to the park.

I saw Mina sitting on a bench alone. My steps quickened towards her. She noticed me and stared at me.

I sat beside her. "Mina, what happened? Why are you crying?" I asked and wiped her tears with my thumb.

"Don't be so pretentious, Hyejin ah!" She said to me and looked coldly at me. I got confused and I didn't know what I'm supposed to say.

I furrowed my eyebrows, still in confusion. "What are you talking about...?" I asked her.

She stood up and turned to me. Suddenly, she gave a tight slap on my face.

I got shocked. It hurt, it hurts more because Mina's the one who slapped me. I looked at her in disbelief and her tears fell.

"YOU BITCH!" She cursed me, "I broke up with Taehyung because of you!"

My eyes bulged as I looked up at her. "W-What? He broke up with you? Why?!"

"He told me he doesn't love me anymore. He's falling for you! I hate you! Why don't you just die?!" Mina yelled in my face. She stomped off angrily, wiping her tears and left me.

W-What just happened... What's happening?

I stood up from the bench and rubbed my cheek that got slapped. I walked and suddenly thought about something. Taehyung's falling for me? I don't know if I should be happy about that. Mina seemed to be really disappointed.

"This asshole..." I muttered under my breath, heading towards Taehyung's place.

*
I rang the doorbell and shook the gate violently. "KIM TAEHYUNG OPEN UP!"

The gate suddenly opened and I rushed in and walked towards the door. Taehyung opened the door and looked at me. "What are you doing here?"

"Why did you break up with Mina?!" I folded my arms and stared at him.

He sighed and pulled me into the house. He closed the door. "What do you wanna know?"

"I wanna know why did you..." I paused, not sure if I should say it. "Why did you tell her that... you're falling for me so you wanted a break up with her. Why?"

He slightly chuckled.

"What if..." he took a step closer towards me, "I am, falling for you?"

He kept walking closer, and I kept taking a step backwards until my back pressed against the door and I awkwardly stared at him. He brought his face closer to mine.

"Kim Taehyung... w-what are you doing," I said as my voice quivered.

His face got closer and closer, and I couldn't move anymore. I nervously clenched my fist, staring down at his lips.

Suddenly, he clapped his two hands right infront of my face, startling me.

"HAH! YOU THOUGHT I WAS GONNA KISS YOU RIGHT?! Wake up you punk!" He said and chuckled, walking away from me and plopped on the couch.