Chapter 39

"Thanks ahjussi, you may keep the change," I said to the taxi driver as I paid him the fare.

I went out of the cab and smiled widely, looking around me and taking in the fresh air. 'It's been long,' I thought as I walked along the streets. After 5-6 months, I'm finally back in Seoul!

I ate lunch at a food stall set nearby before I decided to head somewhere. I walked a few distance down the road and finally reached the correct house. I rang the doorbell and waited for the door to open.

After a few moments, the door knob turned and the door flung open, and Mina was standing there. Her face suddenly got blank and she stood rooted to the ground, staring at me.

"Annyeong?" I greeted her and blinked.

"H-Hyej-jin?!" She stuttered, and I smiled. She suddenly squealed and crashed into my arms, hugging me really tight.

"OMMO OMMO I'M NOT DREAMING RIGHT?! You're really Hyejin?!" Mina continued hugging me tightly and swaying me violently.

"Yah yah! You can let me go now before I die of suffocation," I said, and she finally let me go. She smiled at me widely, showing her teeth. I smiled back at her.

"Why didn't you call me and tell you're coming?!" She asked and pouted.

"Ah... I just wanted to surprise you. Won't you bring me in?" I asked and grinned.

She smiled sheepishly. "Come in come in," she said. I went into the house and sat on the couch.

Mina sat beside me, her smile still remained on her face as she stared at me. I looked at her and chuckled. "Yah, why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"Nothing, I'm just really happy you're here. Anyways, you're coming to school tonight right? For the New Year party?" Mina asked me.

"Yeah... I wanna meet everyone. I can't wait to see Taehyung too! But... I'm not sure how to dress up so..."

"Ah, you don't have to worry. Let's go shopping for an outfit now, quick!" Mina said excitedly. I nodded and smiled. We both stood up and went out of the house, heading to the mall.

It was a New Year party but I felt like it was prom since the dress code was dresses for girls and suits for guys. Since I'm not that good at picking dresses, I asked Mina for help.

We went around shopping for about three hours or so, before we went to a cafe for a coffee break.

"Yah, I have something I'm worried about," I said to Mina.

"What is it?"

"What if, Taehyung doesn't turn up at the party later?" I asked her.

She thought for awhile, "Eish, I'm sure he will. Don't think negatively."

I pursed my lips. "Anniya... I'm just worried. I bought all these fancy outfit to wear, but if he doesn't turn up then, what's the point of coming to the party."

Mina folded her arms. "Yah, you really wanna dress up for Taehyung only, don't you huh," she teased me, and I smiled shyly. "Araseo, let's go home and start preparing before we're late for the party."

I nodded and we both made our way home, carrying a handful of shopping bags.

***
"Help me zip the back," I said to Mina and she helped me with my dress. I turned to the mirror and scrutinised myself up and down. I didn't look that bad. I was wearing a pastel pink dress, that stopped right above my knee and accessorised myself with a bracelet and a silver necklace with a heart pendant.

Mina did my make up and I simply curled my hair up and set it neatly on my right shoulder.

Mina then slid into her hot pink dress and curled her hair too. She got herself ready and in an hour, we were both done.