Chapter 4

Sebastian POV

"How could I be such a mumbling twat" I spout as soon as Ominis and I walked out of the common room.

"What on earth are you going on about Sebastian" He reacted.

"That was so utterly embarrassing, I mean what could she conceivably think of me now" I said holding my ears, which were hot and red.

"Words Sebastian, use your words" Ominis seemed like the only voice of reason.

"What you said about me being all happy after potions you dunce, I was with Y/n the whole time in potions" I finally clarified.

Ominis raised both eyebrows, "Oh... so?"

"So?! She probably thinks something absurd like- like that I fancy her or something of the sort" My voice went from loud to a whisper.

Ominis sighed, "Why are you overreacting, it's not like you to be worrying about such a juvenile interaction"

I rolled my eyes, "Ominis."

"I'm sure she didn't think much of it either" His words were meant to make me feel better, but for some reason, they stung a bit.

Maybe she did think nothing of it, perhaps I am making a big deal out of nothing. Did I imagine her eyes getting wider when she heard Ominis say what he said?

"You're probably right Ominis, she probably didn't think much of it" I reassured myself.

Ominis had a perplexed look on his face.

"What?" I questioned.

"...so was she the reason you were so merry after potions class?"

I clenched my jaw.

"Your silence is a clear yes" Ominis beamed slightly.

"Well I'm not certain, I think being around her did make me feel better" I finally admitted.

"So you have developed a fixation on her" Ominis continued.

"I never said that, I think it's best not to talk about it anymore, I should be thinking of more important things like Anne getting well again" My attempt to end the uncomfortable conversation.

Ominis agreed. We continued with our day.

For the rest of the day, I couldn't catch a single glimpse of y/n. Her name bounced off of everyone's lips in the hallways, yet I couldn't see her anywhere myself at all.

Why was she not at lunch? Or dinner? And why did I not see her around the common room at all? I thought we had a defense against the dark arts class together... did she skip it?

...where is she, what could she possibly be doing, why can't I stop thinking about her...

I got ready for bed and rested my head on my pillow. Ready for another nightmare. Ready for another night of seeing Anne and waking up throughout the night in cold sweats.

But as I fell asleep, I could smell a flowery scent, it was lavender and pine—my new favorite scent. I felt someone reach for my hand. Where are we?

I looked around. Half of my body was deep in a shimmering lake, magical creatures filling the air. Someone was leading me into a cave.

It was her.

"Y/n?"

"Shh... we are almost there" her voice echoed in my head.

We stopped at the end of the cave, an enormous gulf, the moonlight making its way through the roof of the formation.