Chapter 18

Sebastian POV

I stood in the forest with no shoes on, I felt naked.

I felt a sharp pain in my left foot. I realized that y/n was in front of me, standing on it. The pressure kept getting stronger.

"I'm sorry" She said, but she didn't move.

I didn't move either, "It's hurting, but that's ok" I said.

"What if I break it?" She asked.

"I'll walk with the other one"

I felt a strong urge to cry all of the sudden, not because of the pain but because I could feel the weight of her foot lifting.

She vanished.

And my foot felt relief. But I missed her dearly already.

I started crying. How embarrassing. Sebastian, boys don't cry, Sebastian. Stop crying.

I breathed in and woke up, staring at the ceiling. Oh, everything hurts, I forgot I was sleeping on the floor. I turned my head to see y/n cuddling next to me. Poor thing, she most likely will also wake up with her body aching, perhaps for more reasons than just sleeping on the floor.

I wonder when Ominis will be back...I don't think it would be proper for him to see that we both slept all snuggled up. Perhaps the best thing would be to get up now.

I turn to look at y/n once again. Her breath tickled my neck, her pretty face so close to me. I just wanted to kiss her awake. But maybe I should let her rest a bit more. What to do, what to do.

I waited a few minutes, just staring at the ceiling, enjoying the warmth that her body provided, enjoying her touch, the sound of her sleeping, just enjoying it all, but I couldn't stop thinking about how uncomfortable the floor was, and about Ominis just walking into this, knowing how Ominis is so proper, he would most likely say this isn't appropriate. And I couldn't even imagine what he would say if I told him what y/n and I were up to last night.

But in a way, what else did he think would happen? he surely can't blame us.

I started slowly moving away from y/n's grasp, slowly trying to get up from the ground without making too much noise. As much as I'd like to lay with her for hours, I don't think I could survive five more minutes on the cold floor. And she would agree if she was also awake.

I got up without waking her and started walking around stretching, bones crackling and my muscles hurting as if I had just fought a troll. I sat on a random chair that was around, and kind of just stayed there, in a contemplative mood.

I suddenly remembered the dream I had. What an odd dream. It was one of those dreams that make you want to cry when you wake up for no reason. And I'm not even sure what it even meant.

I heard the gate open.

My head snapped towards the entrance, Ominis entered looking all cheerful.

The noise of him opening the gate woke y/n up, she sat up slowly, with her hair looking the messiest I've ever seen. What a lovable girl. She looked so charming waking up, looking around with her eyes half shut.

My heart fluttered.

I smiled, trying hard to keep a straight face so she wouldn't see me blushing like a dummy for no reason.

"Hope you two are best friends now" Ominis walked inside.

We might be a little more than that Ominis...

"We are best friends for life now" I said jokingly.

"That's for sure" Y/n said while yawning.

"I thought both of you would sound more upset with me when I walked in" Ominis said in a suspicious tone, "My plan must have worked wonderfully"