Chapter 15

I made my way to the grand hall for lunch, I walked in and I approached my house's table.

I recognized my friends all sitting together. I approached them and sat next to Sebastian, diagonal to Ominis and in front of Imelda.

Sebastian seemed caught off guard by me sitting next to him, I oddly didn't think about it, it just made sense since there was a space there. But as I sat, I noticed he straightened up his posture.

"I'm starving" I announced my presence.

Imelda looked up at me, "Where were you this morning? You didn't make it to breakfast..." She said with food in her mouth.

"I was studying for our history on the dark arts quiz" I started eating.

"Studious, studious, this one here" Ominis remarked.

As Imelda was about to say something else, two girls passed by behind me and Sebastian, almost brushing against him.

"Hi, Sebastian" They both said in unison, giggling as they passed.

I turned to Imelda and raised my eyebrows at her. She returned the shocked look.

Sebastian's face traveled with the girls.

"What in Merlin's frail gray beard was that?" Imelda snorted.

Ominis made a funny face, that meant to say; no clue.

It seemed like even Sebastian was confused by the giggling girls, as he kind of just kept staring at them dumbfounded.

I was also staring at them too now, but not in a very nice way.

"He has a fan club now?" Imelda blurted out, giggling.

She kept making comments, but I couldn't hear her anymore, as my thoughts were going rampant.

Since when did Sebastian make girls all giddy?

And Ravenclaw girls, for that matter?

"They've been all week like that" Ominis revealed. "Just the other day, one girl asked to be walked by Sebastian to class."

Imelda's mouth swung open, she looked at me to see my reaction.

But I didn't react in any way that would disclose the current feelings I had, which were, needless to say, negative ones.

I smiled, "That's nice of you to be walking girls to their class" and faked laughter.

Sebastian immediately turned his gaze from the girls to me.

"It was just that one time" He said at once. Almost so quickly that it seemed to have caught him off guard.

I must have been smiling awkwardly because he immediately started explaining himself further;

"It's not like I could say no, that would have been rude" He eyed Imelda and Ominis, "Right?"

"It would probably have been awfully rude" Ominis came to his aid.

What a great friend that Ominis.

Imelda's expression seemed to be more to par with what I was feeling inside, "Mhm..." She said, unconvinced.

Sebastian kept staring into my face, but I was looking away, still smiling, trying to pretend I didn't care.

Once lunch was over, I walked back to the common room with Imelda as both Ominis and Sebastian said they had something to do.

I kept trying to dance around the subject, but Imelda seemed keen on discussing it.

"Is it really not absolutely ridiculous to you" Imelda expressed.