Chapter 23

Sebastian POV

Y/n and I were shoulder to shoulder in the kitchen. She was rather ungraceful when it came to cooking, but I found it somewhat cute. She clumsily started chopping carrots. I winced and reached out to help her.

We had been trying to make a dish for around 20 minutes now, onions flying around the kitchen and potato peels on the floor.

"I got it" She mumbled.

"Alright" I started placing peeled potatoes in a pot.

Luckily for both of us, I had been cooking for Anne for a long time now. I didn't want to gloat, but I was pretty proficient behind a stove.

I suppose this is my time to impress her.

"Things aren't looking too bad" She said, looking at what I was doing.

I was taking my time with everything, I usually rushed while I cooked, but I relished my time with her. This seemed very adult for us to do together.

I felt at peace—all of the sudden. I suppose I was forced to imagine a life where this would be the norm. I could imagine waking up in the mornings with her and cooking together while still in our pajamas.

How sweet would that be?

Genuinely.

We finished cooking and set the table, and we sat down to eat when everything was done.

I sensed that both of us were starving since we started eating instantly, and remained silent for a few minutes.

"It turned out well" I broke the silence.

"All thanks to you" She smiled at me.

"It was a collaborative effort" I smiled at her.

Our first meal together. First of many, I hope.

Once we were done eating, I washed the dishes, and she left to change into her nightgown.

When I was done I walked over to the bedroom, she was laying flat staring at the ceiling, with her hair swirling all over the bed, "What a comfortable bed" she sighed.

"That it is" I crawled on top of her and fell on her with my whole body weight; she deflated under me and made a funny sound.

"Heavy" She barely could say in between giggles.

I rolled over next to her, "I thought you wanted me on top of you"

She laughed, "In another context perhaps"

I raised my eyebrows, "Is that an invitation?"

She giggled and got on her side, with her hand on her head as she looked at me. She didn't say anything.

I turned to her as well, "Hm?" I smiled at her mischievously.

"Already teasing me Sallow?" She said.

Her tone alone could have made me give in.

How did she have so much power against me? Everything she spoke had such an effect on me, it was borderline embarrassing.

I got closer to her, "I mean, do you want me to tease you? Because I'm fully capable of doing a lot more right now"

She inched closer, "I'd like to see you try"

I kissed her. But it wasn't the steamy passionate kiss we were building up for. It was a bit sweeter than id hoped for it to be. In a way, it was almost disarming.

I placed my hand on her cheek, and I said what I felt was right at the moment;

"You know, I've liked you ever since you beat me in that duel, the first day of class" I pressed my lips together, terrified of my own vulnerability.