Chapter 25

Sebastian POV

After a very sleepy morning, we decided to take a walk around a very misty Feldcroft, taking in the scenery. I felt so relaxed now, holding her hand and just being back home. 

I wish Anne were around. 

I woke up today feeling somewhat emotional.

Perhaps it was a strange thought to have, as I was spending time with y/n. Why am I thinking of my sister? Perhaps it was just the feelings of guilt coming back as I woke up in our house, getting reminded of everything that had happened here. My uncle...

"Seb?" Y/n shook my hand gently. 

My gaze left the ground for a moment, "Uh- yes?"

"You've been awfully quiet today, is everything alright?"

I thought for a moment, "Yes, everything's fine sorry. I'm just a tad tired."

I could tell she didn't completely believe in my response, but I didn't want to bring Anne up, especially after our great night last night. 

After some time of walking together and talking about random things, the feeling of guilt started going away. As much as I wanted to lay down and wallow in my pathetic nature, holding her hand was enough to keep me grounded. And perhaps it was the way she kept picking flowers and putting them in her pocket for "safe keeping", but I just couldn't stay in a bad mood.

I felt a growing sense of intimacy between us. The way she smiled at me, the touch of their hand on my arm, made my heart race excitedly. 

I could have sworn I heard music as she pulled me around looking for flowers, but it was most definitely my imagination.

We stumbled upon some practice dummies that were left around by the townspeople, they had been here since the rebellion. People used it to practice self-defense back then. Now, they were just left and abandoned.

I jumped in front of them.

"Oh no! dark wizards!" I pulled out my wand. 

 I felt a rush of excitement. I couldn't wait to show off my new skills to y/n. We hadn't been together in combat in so long. 

"You better protect me from them" Y/n giggled and plopped on a patch of grass before me. 

I started giving her a performance, casting every new trick I had learned. I looked over at her, giving her a playful wink, "No enemy is getting past me, no need to worry" 

 She kept giggling and cheering me on.

I raised my wand, focusing on the practice dummy before me. Y/n now focused on me intently. I kept casting random spells and having fun.

Then suddenly, something odd happened. 

As I kept voicing spells out loud, suddenly it slipped from my lips, "Cru-"

 My heart immediately raced.

My chest tightened up. I realized that I had almost casted an unforgivable curse.

I turned to y/n, horrified by what I had almost done. She looked at me with concern, clearly sensing that something was wrong. I couldn't find the words to explain what had happened, my mind racing with thoughts.

It was just a dummy. Sure. But why would I even feel compelled to cast such spell? I promised everyone I would never do such a thing. 

I couldn't shake the feeling of guilt that had settled over me.