001: you'll survive, leclerc

— VERONA
chapter one

EMILIA ROMAGNA GRAND PRIX
imola, italy

VERONA'S HEAD WHIPPED AROUND quickly as she snuck into the ferrari garage. she had just surprised lando at mclaren hospitality and now wanted to find carlos.

the blonde looked to her right scanning the hallway as she took a step out. unfortunately, she hadn't paid much attention to her left and bumped into an unknown.

"oh god," verona stumbled back and so did the mystery girl she hit, "i'm so sorry. i didn't see you coming."

"oh my gosh, you're verona rousseau!" verona smiled and nodded pushing her hand out to shake the blonde haired girl's. "i'm lola."

"lo?" the short blonde's head turned to the side and her smile widened. verona also looked towards the voice, recognising the monegasque accent immediately.

"baby, come here! you didn't tell me verona rousseau was ferrari's guest this weekend."

"verona?" the taller blonde tilted her head with a sweet smile and waved as the brunette walked closer. "oh my god, ve!"

verona laughed at his change in demeanour from confused to excited, she opened her arms as he did and the pair engulfed each other in a warm hug.

"oi, why didn't you tell me you were coming this weekend?" charles faked offence and the blonde shrugged.

"i wanted to surprise everyone." she had a cheeky smile as she seemed to have achieved just that.

charles opened his mouth to comment but the sound of a throat clearing cut the pair off, "oh, verona, this is my girlfriend—"

"we already met." lola interjected, "baby, you didn't tell me you're friends with verona?"

charles shrugged, "it never came up."

the trio fell silent, no one knowing how to continue the conversation, "actually, charles, could you tell me where carlos is. i came to see him."

charles' hand flew to his heart, "you came to see carlos and not me? i'm hurt ve."

verona chuckled and waved him off, "you'll survive, leclerc."

"non, je ne pense pas que je le ferai." the blonde shook her head and opened her arms again. charles eagerly accepted the second hug from the girl.

"bien sûr je suis venu te voir aussi, charlie." charles smiled into the hug, "good luck out there today."

charles nodded, "and carlos should be in his driver's room."

"thanks. i'll see you around," she pointed to charles, "and it was very nice to meet you, lola."