025: elegant tune

VERONA
— chapter twenty five

OUTERBANKS SET
charleston, south carolina

VERONA HAD BEEN BACK FILMING OBX3 RIGHT AFTER THE GRAND PRIX. the blonde had forced her cast mates to watched the azerbaijan grand prix with her the next weekend to which all of them complained, but, of course, all ended up enjoying.

now, the blonde sat in the sand with her phone held up to her face. she was on facetime with charles.

the ferrari driver and actress had become closer then ever since monaco. it seemed that after everything with lola the pair's friendship had become stronger.

however, verona couldn't help the inkling feeling to guilt every time she was about to talked to the brunette. she couldn't stop thinking about max. verona felt like she was doing something wrong.

but as soon as the call would connect and charles' dimpled appeared on her screen, all thoughts of max and her guilt flew out the window.

"oh, i have to run for my scene. i'll talk to you later charlie." verona nodded at the assistant director who had called her.

"wait, ve," the blonde turned her head back to the phone, "are you coming to a grand prix anytime soon? i could really use my lucky charm."

since monaco charles' season had seemed to plummeted, hence why the pair had been facetiming so much. it was only verona who could make charles' feel better about the situation with his team.

verona rolled her eyes, "i should be done filming before silverstone, so i'll have to ask max for passes."

"i could get you passes for ferrari if you need." verona bit her lip and shook her head.

"it's okay, max will hook me up." charles wanted to insist she take ferrari passes from him but before he could she said her hurried goodbyes and cut the call.

the brunette sighed as he switched off his phone. he knew verona wouldn't accept the passes... but part of him had hoped she would.

charles' feelings for the blonde had definitely resurfaced, honestly he wasn't even sure they ever left even while he was with lola. he was done denying them, though.

of course, charles wasn't outright going to do anything about his feelings. verona was with someone else, but he refused to suppress them any longer. at least he could be true to himself about his ever growing adoration for the girl.

and ever growing it was, especially over the last few weeks with their friendship rekindling.

charles looked around his apartment in monaco, it was cozy. he was home alone, normally his brother would be around but there was no one.

the brunette plopped down in front of his piano. during the pandemic, when races were cancelled, he had started to teach himself how to play.

charles let his fingers glide across the black and white keys. he pressed them down inciting an elegant tune from the instrument.

however, the whole time he played, he only thought of only one;

verona.

typing...
my boy is down bad 😭 also this chapter is dedicated to charles's first instrumental song AUS23 (1:1) !! go stream it on spotify, apple music, itunes, WHEREVER ITS AVAILABLE ❤️❤️