020: no, she's crazy

VERONA
— chapter twenty

MAX'S APARTMENT
monte carlo, monaco

MAX PLACED A SWEET KISS ONTO VERONA'S EXPOSED SHOULDER, the pair had spent the day lounging and enjoying each other's company. they always got along well with each other.

verona had managed to get the weekend free from filming obx3, catching a flight to monaco. there was no way she was missing her favourite grand prix.

it was the week after the spanish grand prix and a week since charles and verona had last spoken.

the blonde girl had let her mind drift away from charles. at first she was upset and confused, she had only been nice to him and he had blocked her. she tried not to care but it irked her, what had gone wrong? now she was trying not to think about it.

however, she didn't know how much longer she could avoid him. all the drivers were invited to a yacht party and max has insisted verona come with him. the blonde agreed.

"i should start getting ready, we have to leave soon." verona smiled at the dutchman, he wrapped his arms around her waist and pressed a kiss to her lips.

"just a few more minutes." max snuggled his head into her neck and she ran her fingers through his hair.

they, eventually, parted and verona skipped off her max's room to start getting ready. the dirty blonde arrived in the room not long after to also start changing for the party.

———

the new couple walked up to the yacht, they managed to find it pretty easily on the dock by following the loud party music.

there was a fair amount of people on board, verona catching glimpses of pierre and lando and carlos as they walked on. max greeted the host, who verona didn't know, and introduced his girlfriend to the man.

as the dirty blonde continued his chat with his friend, verona excused herself before making her way to her friends.

"let's get this party started!" the blonde danced over to where pierre, carlos, lando and daniel stood. daniel chuckled and passed the girl a drink which she quickly downed.

"dance with me ronny!" pierre pulled the girl's arm towards where people were dancing. the small group all forming their own circle as they grooved to the music.

"enjoying the party?" charles popped his head into the group. the second verona's ears picked up on his voice she grimaced.

verona turned to where his voice came from, her eyes fell on the brunette and her jaw almost dropped.

charles wore a plain white button down, the first few buttons undone, and off white pants. his hair lay messy on his head yet he still managed to effortlessly pull it off.

maybe it was just that she hadn't seen him in a few weeks but he looked different, he looked good.

charles' eyes scanned the group, they landed on verona and stayed there. the pair held eye contact for a little longer then they should have, but it was broken when verona turned and walked away.

pierre wrapped his arm around his best friend, missing the look of pain on his face as everyone continued to drink and party.

charles, however, searched through the crowds for verona. it had been a week since they last talked and charles had been going crazy wondering why.

the brunette had tried texting verona after spain, he knew she'd know just what to say to make him feel better. she always did.

but when his texts didn't go through he was lost, she had blocked him. why?