013: last night

VERONA
— chapter thirteen

SIGHTSEEING
rome, italy

VERONA WALKED mindlessly behind the rest of the group. they were walking through some small streets looking at all the souvenirs shops. the sun has set, yet, the small streets were still full of life.

verona, however, was lost in thought. she couldn't stop thinking about the previous night, about the kiss.

———

verona downed her fourth drink of the night, she was definitely tipsy, but not as bad as the boys who could barely stand straight.

the blonde plopped down on one of the couches, laughing at carlos and lando who were attempting to salsa. music blasting loud through the speakers.

her head shifted to her side as she felt a presence, max. verona's lips tugged into a dazed smile at the sight of the dutchman.

"hi maxie." she leaned closer to the dirty blond. max's arm flew around her shoulders and he pulled her closer. she didn't fight it and snuggled into his side.

"hi beautiful." he whispered, just loud enough for her to hear.

verona looked up at max, their faces were so close she could smell the alcohol on his lips. their eyes locked and neither moved as both of them took in the moment, not knowing where it was going.

max's fingers had been grazing around verona's arm, his soft touch sending her senses into a frenzy. that coupled with their intense eye contact made the atmosphere around them heavy.

verona didn't know who made the first move, who leaned in first? was it her or was it him? but it didn't matter, their lips met in the middle and every other thought went out the window.

it was soft at first, like they were testing the waters, but the urgency and intensity grew almost instantly. max was the one to pull away, his hand gently holding verona's face.

"not here." he pointed to their friends, not far from where they sat. the blonde was surprised no one had noticed the pair's steamy make out, but she wasn't complaining.

the dutchman's arm moved off of her shoulders as he got up, slightly wobbly, he took the french girl's hand and led them away from the group.

as soon as they were away from prying eyes, max pushed verona against wall of the small hallway they stood in. the push was gentle yet dominating as his lips reattached to hers.

without breaking the kiss, max successfully guided the pair to his room. shutting the door behind them, he spoke against verona's lips, "jump."

she did as she was told, her short red dress riding up and pooling around her hips as her legs wrapped around max's waist.

they reached the bed, max placing the blonde down, you can guess what happened after that...

———

"oi ron?" lando's concerned voice pulled verona out of her trance, "are you okay? you've been down all day. does it have to do with last night?"

the blonde's head whipped towards her best friend, eyes wide, "you know about last night?"

"you and max? yea." lando shrugged, "i saw you two slip away last night and not come back... did something happen?"

verona bit her lip and shock her head, "no."

"no..?"

"it was about to but i stopped it, told him i was on my period." it was true, nothing had happened, verona had lied to max and stopped the night from going further.

"oh—"

"i couldn't do it. he's your friend, he's our friend—"

"ron, i know." lando assured the girl that she didn't have to explain anything to him, "has he brought it up?" the pair were both now trailing far behind the others as they entered a small restaurant.

"no." lando noticed the sadness in the girl beside him, he rested his arm around her shoulders and rubbed her arm. verona hugged the boy back as they entered the same restaurant their friends had.

typing...
lmaoo what did y'all think happened 😏 also ramadan kareem everyone 🌙