003: main post

VERONA
— chapter three

EMILIA ROMAGNA GRAND PRIX
imola, italy

VERONA HUGGED CHARLOTTE, lando and daniel's pe manager, as the checkered flag waved signalling the end of the race and lando's podium finish.

the mclaren garage filled with excitement and cheers as lando's car came on the big screen during his cool down lap. the team and verona hustled down to the pit lane as they eagerly waited lando's return to the garage.

the british driver ran at his team, quickly being engulfed by them into a massive group hug. lando's eyes spotted his best friend in the crowd.

"i'm so proud of you, norris." verona wrapped her arms around her friend as he arrived in-front of her.

"i guess you owe me a main post now." the driver smirked.

"oh hun, i meant a pole position podium. sorry." the pair chuckled and hugged once more before lando was dragged away by charlotte for post race interviews.

verona looked down the pit lane, she spotted a bunch of the drivers; some celebrating with their teams and others strategising how to be better.

her eyes fell on charles leclerc, he wasn't too hard to spot in his full red race suit.

the blonde frowned as she noticed the disappointment in his face, it was understandable, the monegasque had started the race at P2 but ended up finishing in P6.

verona was about to start her way towards the ferrari driver, wanting to comfort him, but she stopped when a short blonde reached his side.

lola wrapped her arms around charles' neck, pushing herself up and also pulling him slightly down, and whispered something in his ear.

the blonde was smirking but the brunette didn't reciprocate, he just shook his head with the same saddened expression.

"whatcha lookin' at?" verona was startled by daniel's appearance beside her.

"dan," verona tilted her head and frowned, "i'm really sorry." she was referring to his race.

the aussie winced at the mention of his race, he was not at all proud of it, "yeah, well, what can you do?" he shrugged but verona could tell he was hurting.

"nothing. you did everything you could, dan, today just wasn't your day. don't lose hope, though." daniel nodded and gave her a sweet smile. "come on, let's go find the others and get some dinner together."

www.instagram.com
verousseau POSTED

verousseau

swipe { tagged: landonorris }

{ tagged: landonorris , maxverstappen }

liked by maxverstappen, georgerussell and 2,729,730 others
verousseau here's to my best friend <3 and max 🥰

view comments

user YESSS LANDO PODIUMMM

user this is so cute

landonorris thank you for coming this weekend <3
verousseau i love u <3

user their friendship 🥹🥹

maxverstappen thanks ronny 🙄
verousseau ur welcome stappy 🥰

user LMAO STAPPY 💀💀
verousseau it's his nickname 😤
user OMG SHE REPLIED

typing...
max verstappy