021: don't lie to me

VERONA
— chapter twenty one

www.instagram.com
verousseau POSTED

verousseau

swipe

swipe

swipe { tagged: maxverstappen }

{ tagged: landonorris, pierregasly }

liked by pierregasly, carlossainz and 5,501,661 others
verousseau starting monaco weekend with a bang 🤩

view comments

user dream life

user monaco looks so fun

landonorris the bang is in my head cause it hurts 😭
verousseau we rlly need to learn to drink better 😭

user i wanna see drunk rondo!!
charlesleclerc it's mostly just rlly bad singing and lots of giggling
verousseau why're you bullying me 😀

pierregasly lando and i look sexy
landonorris agreed
charlesleclerc agreed
maxverstappen agreed
carlossainz agreed
danielricciardo agreed
georgerussell agreed
verousseau AGREED

user i wanna be friends with them 😭

CHARLES' APARTMENT
monte carlo, monaco

"BABY? WHY'RE YOU SLEEPING ON THE COUCH?" lola's voice pulled charles out of his restless sleep. the monegasque had spent the night on the couch when he returned home to see lola already asleep.

"lola?"

"yeah, it's me." she giggled.

charles sat up and rubbed his eyes adjusting them to the light flowing into the living room, he looked at the blonde sitting beside him and his eyes widened.

"baby, are you okay?"

"um.. yeah." charles shook his head. he didn't know if it was the light playing tricks on him but he swore for a second lola looked exactly like verona.

"why did you sleep on the couch?" she asked again.

"uh.. lola we need to talk." lola looked worried for a second but it was gone.

"what for?"

charles cleared his throat and thought about what to say next, "i met verona last night." the blonde's expression, once again, changed for a moment before going back to innocent.

"at the party?"

the brunette man nodded, "she was avoiding me most of the night."

"oh." a ghost of a smirk on her lips.

"do you have any idea why?" lola pouted and shook her head, batting her eyelashes at him. "well, i talked to her and she brought it to my attention that she thought i didn't want to speak to her."

"why would she think that?"

"i don't know, lola, maybe because i blocked her but i don't ever remember doing that." lola's eyes dimmed and her face started to harden. "and the funny thing is, the time when i blocked her was the time when you had my phone with you."

"what are you implying, charles?" her voice was cold.

"i'm just asking.. did you block verona on my phone?"

"no." charles was unconvinced, the way lola's body language and features changed gave her away. of course she knew.

"don't lie to me, lola."

the blonde scoffed, "you did not just accuse me, your girlfriend, of lying."

"i did."

"you actually believe what verona is telling you?" charles didn't speak, "how blind are you, charles? you can't even see how in love she is with you. and you can't see that she's trying to get in between us, baby."

charles blinked rapidly at the information, "verona isn't like that." he demanded.

lola stood up and let out a laugh, "you're really taking that bitch's side over me."

"don't call her a bitch."

"fine, home wrecker then." charles stood up and walked over to the blonde, towering over her. his eyes filled with anger but his boy was relaxed.

"no, you are the home wrecker. coming in here and trying to ruin my relationships with my loved ones." lola was shocked. "you have no right to say anything about verona, who has been nothing but nice to you, so if you have nothing nice to say then leave."

"what?"

"i said leave. i don't need a home wrecker in my house." the pair stared at each other, lola wanted to keep fighting but charles wouldn't let her. he turned away towards the door, opening it and standing there waiting for her to leave.

"where will i go?" she asked crossing her arms trying to think so some way to stay.

"i know you have a friend living in town, you can go stay with her." the blonde hadn't expected him to remember that.

"what about my things?"

"you can text me the address and i'll all your things over."

"so you're breaking up with me?"

"yes."

"i knew it. i knew you were in love with her." lola yelled.

"lola please leave." the blonde marched up to charles who had been looking at the floor.

"fuck you and that whore. you two deserve each other." and with that she marched out. charles let out a sigh and shut the door behind him. he took in a deep breath and looked around his living room.

a small smile graced his lips as he entered his kitchen and started making himself some breakfast.

typing...
finally 🙄 anyway let the real love story begin 🤪 i can't believe this is the last chapter of act one 😭 i also can't believe i've kept up with this book lol i normally give up but i rlly wanna finish this one 😄 ANYWAY next we start act two which is gonna start in a few days! thank you for all the votes, reads, comments, EVERYTHING y'all are the best <333