Prologue

Waking up from the annoying sounds outside of your room was not a good morning for you, but it's the life of living in the city of Tokyo, Japan. Stretching out of bed, you made your way to the bathroom and did your morning routine.

After taking a 10 minute shower, you covered yourself with a bath towel and head back to your room. Taking off the towel, you slipped on the undergarments before putting on a fit-able white thin tank top and a dark grey biking shorts. Walking to your sliding door closest, you opened the door to reveal a variety of kimonos hanging on a long bar.

Looking down on the floor beneath the hanging clothes laid a large squared box from a certain Inu lord. You did got that present from him during the winter in the Feudal Era, but didn't get the chance to open it since Kagome had to take you back to the modern era for holiday shopping.

"Hmm, I wonder what's inside."

Kneeling down to grab the box, you took it out of the closet and walked over to your bed and began to open it with no hesitation. Your eyes widened by what you were looking at; the gift Sesshomaru gave you was the exact kimono he has. Smiling, you gently took the folded clothes in your hands and began to unfold it before marveling its design.

Not waiting for a second, you began putting on the kimono as you finished tying the yellow and purple obi around your waist. After that, you looked at to your reflection on the large mirror on the wall with a smile. Though something was missing to finish the look.

Your eyes then trailed onto your mokomoko laying on your desk as a wide smile slipped onto your lips. You quickly gently grabbed the gigantic fluff and placed on your right shoulder. Looking at your reflection again, it made you very happy but your expression then changed to a frown as you looked at your bedroom door.

You knew that exiting your room would hold consequences on the other side since your parents never wanted you to leave the house, except for school and shopping groceries. Not wanting to get caught from exiting through the door, you planned to leave the room through the window.

Quickly and quietly, you grabbed a Japanese travel bag and filled it with whatever you need for the journey in the Feudal Era. After you finished packing, you placed the bag on your left shoulder before grabbing your sword, Zanseiken. This very blade of a weapon was given by Totosai, a demon blacksmith that forged Tenseiga and Tessaiga.

Even though Zanseiken was forged by a deity, Totosai said that the sword would help you keep your demonic powers in control. Right now, you had to leave this place you so-called home. Quietly, you slowly unlocked the latch and opened up the window. Feeling the bit of a breeze made your skin shiver a bit before taking a glance of your room.

There was no turning back from what you're doing.

You quickly exited through the window and used your flying ability to levitate in the air. Not wanting to be seen from unwanted witnesses or your parents, you head to the Higurashi shrine as you quickly landed near the house. Sighing, you looked at the Higurashi residence and it was the same as always.

A smile slipped onto your face as you clutches onto the strap of your travel bag. Not having a second to lose, you head inside the house as Ms. Higurashi greeted when she saw you walk in.

"Ah, Y/n. It's nice to see you."

"It's nice to see you too, Ms. Higurashi." You smiled, "Say, is Kagome here by any chance?"

The woman nodded. "She's just rechecking a few things to pack before you girls go out to the other side."

You nodded before hearing hurried footsteps coming from the stairs as you saw your friend in her usual school uniform with her yellow bag. You smiled with a grin as Kagome walks over to you with a hug.