Chapter 5

"I see."

Kaeya nodded to Amber after hearing the girl's story before turning to the three of you.

"Welcome to Mondstadt — though you haven't arrived at the best of time, I'm afraid. Although I'm not really sure why you're all looking for the Anemo God; but everyone has their own secrets, right?"

His scent is like those womanizers back at the modern world. You mentally reminded yourself as you simply nodded.

"First and foremost, on behalf of the Knights of Favonius, I would like to extend our thanks to you for your help just now." Kaeya said, placing his hand on his chest as he looks towards your direction.

"And you are most welcomed." You kindly replied with a smile.

The male smiled as Amber hands over you the nekotama.

"The Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius is also very interested in meeting you and formally invites you all to our headquarters." Kaeya stated.

You nod with a human Kilala mewed. "I see...well then, lead the way, Captain."

The male chuckled, "Right this way, my lady."

You soon all head inside the headquarters to the office where two women were speaking amongst themselves. Both of them soon noticed you and the others coming in as Kaeya told the two ladies what had occurred.

"...And once it was over, I brought them straight here." He finished explaining as you looked between the blonde woman up front and the brown haired female wearing a violet-like witch outfit.

"Mondstadt welcomes you, wind-borne travelers. I am Jean, Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius." The blonde female, aka Jean, introduced herself.

"And this is Lisa, our resident Librarian." Jean added, gesturing towards the violet witch.

"Oh my, are you sweeties here to help us out? You four are so adorable!" Lisa complimented as Kilala mewed happily in reply.

Lisa sighs, "Sadly, the timing is regrettable..." you heard her mutter.

You quietly hummed in agreement as you looked around in the office, regretfully ignoring the others in the room.

Hm, this world is full of wonder and has places I've never seen before. A faint smile slipped onto your lips, Maybe I could grab a few souvenirs and bring them back home, if there is a way to get back to the Feudal Era.

"We'll start tomorrow morning. For now, Amber, can you lead our guests to an inn to stay for the night?" Jean instructed.

"Of course!" Amber replied, breaking you out of your thoughts as you sighed.

Guess I missed out on what they discussed. You looked down at Kilala with a smile as the nekotama mewed, But at least Kilala listened to their discussion.

You began to pet Kilala before watching the others what they were doing. A quiet sigh escaped your mouth before taking out the jar necklace that contains the shard of the Shikon Jewel. The nekotama noticed what you were looking at as Kaeya watched from a far, though he was curious on what you have in your possession.

Sensing Kaeya watching, you quickly hid away the necklace within your kimono. Kilala mewed at you as you looked at her with a small smile.

"You miss them too, huh?"

The nekotama purred as she gently rubbed her head in your arms. You giggled before exiting the room with Amber, Aether, and Paimon.

"Have some rest, you three." Kaeya said, waving you off with a smirk.

"You as well, Kaeya. Oh, and by the way," you turned to the male with a smile, "do be careful when you're around with women." You warned him with a grin.

Your warning made Kaeya wonder as he, Jean, and Lisa watched you leave the room.

"She's an interesting one, isn't she?" Jean questioned, "Though I can't help but wonder if she's worthy to be trusted, due to her claws and the markings on her face."

"True, but her aura was like of an angel. And the ears are not like a human being." Lisa replied with a sigh, "And the cat she's carrying...what was it?"

"She calls it a nekotama; a demon cat, as far as I've heard from Amber." Kaeya responded as the two women turned to him, "And as for her warning, how does she know how I act around women?"

Both Jean and Lisa chuckled, leaving Kaeya confused.

•<•>•

With you, Aether, Paimon, and Kilala, you four are currently in a bedroom of the inn Amber has brought you all to. Aether had suggested you'd take the bed while he takes the couch, though you refused.

"Why not, Y/n?" The boy asked.

"Paimon doesn't care who takes the couch. Paimon will share the bed with anyone." The floating child said, moving you and Aether aside and plopping herself onto the bed.

Kilala then soon joined her as the two immediately went to sleep. You quietly chuckled as you pull the blankets over them before heading to the door.

"Like I said, Aether, I don't mind taking the couch." You stated as you quickly leave the room.

"But-"

Before Aether could say anything else, you quietly shut the door on your way out, leaving him with a sleeping child and a nekotama. You soon exit the inn as you began to fly in the air with the moon high in the sky. Sniffing the air, you smell a scent of an unknown aura around the city.

Curious, you then quietly land on the ground and started to find where the scent was coming from.

This scent is not like any of the citizens nor does the Knights of Favonius...

The scent was getting stronger as you soon found an alleyway. Hiding behind the wall, you could see a trio of two dancing creatures in sync and one creature with a white fluffy body with a coat.

From what you heard by Aether and Paimon, they said the dancing creatures are called hilichurls while the fluffy one was an abyss mage.

Your eyes narrowed as you heard a growl from your beast. What is it, Yasu?

I think it is best if we eliminate them.

We? Yasu, I don't think you'll be able to have room to attack them.

...Alright then, I'll let you kill them. If we do find any other creatures like these, we'll do it outside the city.

You mentally nodded before letting out your demonic aura. The dancing duo halted their movements as the abyss mage turned around to see you coming out from your hiding place. The three readied their weapons, though they slightly shivered by your aura.

This made you mentally chuckle while readying your claws.

"Sorry to intrude, but you are not welcomed here in this city." You stated with a monotone voice, "You have one chance, and one chance only. Leave the city and your lives will be spared."

You heard their growls as their reply, making you sigh as you looked at them.

"Fine then, have it your way."

And so you charged at them and used your poisonous whip on the mage.