Chapter 4

Your backstory was...something you do not wish to remember, yet the mental pain and scars still lingers. Both Amber and Aether felt sorry for you, though they weren't happy about the way your parents treated you.

Heck, even Paimon; your now adopted child, hates her adoptive grandparents. And when you told them you were a female reincarnate of the Inu lord, Sesshomaru, they were surprised and speechless.

Aether knew demons were bad, but he never saw you do anything so far. To him, the boy sees you like an older sibling he never had; besides his twin sister. And much to his curiosity, he wondered if the long white pelt on your right shoulder was a part of you.

He was also curious on how soft it would be if he touched your mokomoko. Though he'll need your permission first.

"We're here! Let me officially introduce the city of wind, dandelions, and freedom. Travelers under the protection of the Knights of Favonius — Welcome to Mondstadt!" Amber exclaimed as you and Kilala observed the city.

"Hmm...the city folk don't look too cheery." Paimon stated as you, Aether, and Kilala noticed as well.

"Everyone's been put out of place by Stormterror recently. But everything will turn out fine as long as Jean's with us!" The female knight reassured.

"Jean...?" Aether questions.

"Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius — Jean, Defender of Mondstadt." Amber replied, "With Jean by our side, surely even the vicious Stormterror will be no match for us."

A defender, hm? I guess she is the second-in-command of this city. You mentally noted, Still, someone will be wary of me since I'm a demon.

"And before I take you guys to the Knights of Favonius headquarters, I have a present for you, Aether." Amber stated.

"W-Wha?! Hey! Why doesn't mommy and Paimon get a reward? Kilala too?" The child complains.

You sighed while mentally noting yourself to lecture Paimon about manners later on.

"Well...this gift would be useless to you Paimon. And as for Lady Y/n, I do apologize but I only have one with me." Amber explained.

"It's alright, Amber." You replied, "Though is there anything to eat around here?"

Amber nodded. "Mhmm. I can treat you and Paimon to a traditional Mondstadt delicacy — Sticky Honey Roast."

"Oooh! Sticky Honey Roast!" Paimon exclaimed, a bit of drool escaping her mouth.

You chuckled while taking out a handkerchief from your sleeve, wiping away the child's drool.

"And as for Kilala, you wouldn't mind if she had some milk, hm?" Amber asks.

You nodded. "Of course, and small bits of meat for her too as well; Kilala might need it."

The nekotama mewed happily as you smiled. Soon enough, Amber took you all to the city's highest ground. Paimon was looking around while being in your arms as you listened to Aether'sand Amber's conversation about a wind glider.

The female knight thought of getting you one as well, though you kindly refused her offer since you had the ability to fly. Sure flying is what makes you feel free, but it's also useful to your advantage while using Zanseiken or your poisonous whip during in battle.

"Y/n! Paimon! Aether and I are going to climb up some buildings so he can test out the wind glider!" Amber called out with a wave.

"Alright then, have fun! We'll be staying here then!" You responded before settling down to a nearby bench and began to pet Kilala.