Chapter 19

"Mmm...do you have to wake up at this early hour?" Paimon yawned as she and Aether exit the inn, "Paimon's still feeling tired."

"To save Dvalin, then yes." Aether replied as the two walked along the city.

His words made the floating child pout. As the two were walking, Aether halted in his tracks as he saw you sitting on the bench with Rin on your lap. Paimon looks at Aether for a moment before looking at you and your small group.

Feeling the child's gaze and Aether's aura, you softly smiled as you played with Rin's hair.

"How long are you two going to stand there?"

Your question made Rin curious as Jaken turned his head to Aether and Paimon, making the imp yell at the two. "Lady Y/n has asked you a question, humans!"

"Jaken."

Said imp flinched at your tone as he sputtered an apology with a bow. "F-Forgive me, m-my lady. I s-spoke out of line."

You stayed silent before speaking with a monotone voice, "Make sure it doesn't happen again."

"Y-Yes, my lady..."

Rin then turned her gaze to Aether and Paimon as the human child smiled. "Aether! Paimon! You're here!"

The floating child smiled and rushed over to Rin. You giggled and let the human child play with Paimon as you looked over to the traveler.

"So what brings you here to this fine morning, Aether?" You asked.

Aether smiled, "Paimon and I were about to head out to eat at Good Hunter's before going to Dawn Winery. Would you, Rin, and Jaken like to accompany us?"

You looked over to Rin as the girl smiled at you, placing her hands together while looking at you. "Please, Lady Y/n? I wanna try out their food."

You let out a chuckle and smiled, "Of course, Rin."

Rin and Paimon cheered as Jaken sighed in defeat, even though you knew he was curious about the food at the shop. Smiling, you stood up from your spot and stared at Aether.

"Shall we go?"

Before the traveler could reply, a familiar voice spoke out. "Ah, if it isn't the Honorary Knight and Lady Y/n."

You all turned to see Kageya approaching you five with a sly smile on his face.

"Ah Kageya," you greeted with a small smile, "it's wonderful to see you again. What brings you here in this beautiful weather?"

Kageya grinned with his eye closed, "Well, I was just heading to Good Hunter's to eat before I went to my mission until I came across with familiar and unfamiliar faces."

You stayed silent as Rin approached you and asked, "Lady Y/n, who's he?"

"...That's Kageya, the Calvary Captain of Mondstadt." You answered before narrowing your eyes at the said captain, "Though I'm sure you have other things to attend to."

The eyed patch male chuckles, "I do, but I thought I would...invite you for breakfast." He then smiles, gently reaching out his hand towards you, "Shall we go, my lady?"

You were about to reply when you felt a certain aura coming near the bridge at the front gate.

Sesshomaru has returned. Yasu informed you.

You stayed silent before bringing Rin to your arms and looked at Kageya with a smile. "As much as I would accept the offer, Rin, Jaken, and I have some business to attend to."