FOUR

King Knox

I was in my office trying to catch up on some work but my mind is with my mate.  My mate!  I could not believe the Moon Goddess showed mercy and allowed me one.  Is it really out of mercy or is there a sinister plan behind it?  Much as my wolf and I would like to rejoice and shout it out to the entire werewolf kingdom, there is this disquieting feeling that we can't for now.  For four days and counting, she lays unconscious in a hospital bed.  I could not believe that my very trap for rogues and trespassers would injure my luna queen.  How my heart was crushed when the very first thing I heard from my mate is the cry of utter pain.  When I held her in my arms it felt surreal.  She is beautiful beyond what I could wish for and she is all mine.  

It is now clear-cut to me why suddenly I lost all drive to take any more women to bed a year ago.  My wolf most probably felt our mate is coming.  I thought I just had my fill.  Years and years of wanton lifestyle lost all its appeal.  Lately, women who throw themselves at me made me feel disgusted and annoyed.  I even had the entire floor of my bedroom renovated, removing all traces of my promiscuous past.  As if that would clean my dirty past.  No woman ever entered my bedroom for almost a year now, not even servants.  My wolf by instinct wanted to be loyal to his wishful mate.  And miraculously, here she is. 

I miss her already.  I suspended my work as I decided to rush to the hospital.  I was about to board my yellow Audi R8 when I felt my chest tighten.  It was an awful feeling like someone took something precious from me.  It dawned on me that it is because my mate is distancing herself from me.  I got very worried that someone took her by force or she is running away.  I highly doubt about the first because only few people knew she is my mate and no one would dare harm her not when I am this near.  My heart bled to the possibility that she is running away because she does not want me.  No matter, she is mine and she belongs at my side.  I will get my precious Lyanna back if it's the last thing I'll do.

.................

"Harper, run faster!"  My mate is freakin' running away from me dragging along her little sister with her.  Is she this shortsighted to realize there is no escaping me, the king of all alphas!  

I growled louder to warn her that there is no escaping me.  My wolf is impossibly fast and impossibly impatient even for his mate.  She and her sister have light scratches on their arms and legs from brushing from sharp twigs. She is limping. She is hurt again.  This cannot be, I could not stand her being harmed.  I grew very possessive and protective that I dived at her.  My wolf pinned her with all his legs.  The little girl, Harper,  tumbled  to the left with my action.  I started licking the blood off my mate's arm.

"Lyanna!  Let her go!  Do not hurt my sister"  the little pup has spunk I give her that.

I shifted to human form yet still trapping my sweet Lyanna with my body.  "I will not harm your sister.  That is, if she behaves."  I gave Lyanna a wink and leaned down on her neck.  I deserve to sniff her out after all the ruckus she made.  Dammit, she smells so delightful.  All in good time.

"Vino, take the little missy back to the palace.  Leave us!"  I commanded my gamma who just caught up with my sprint. 

My mate wiggled, "Get off me, you disgusting alpha, you are naked, have you no decency?" Ah, an angry pissed off Lyanna is equally appealing as the somber sleeping Lyanna from the hospital.

"I will if you promise not to dash."  I waited for her response.  She nodded her yes.  "Words, my little bunny, use words."

"Yes, I will not run away, now get off me!"  She sounded firm and that made me a bit nervous.  No woman has ever made me feel nervous and as if I am the one in trouble.  I guess this comes with her being my mate.  I can make room for her moods.  I can adjust to this. 

I moved away from her and wore the shirt and shorts that Vino brought with him.  Lyanna turned away as she stood up.  I sneaked up on her and spoke by her ear, "You can look now, mate." I would give anything just to smell her like this for eternity.

"Please, let my sister and I go home.  My uncle and his pack are probably worried that we have been gone for days." She pleaded.

"Never!"  I growled.  "How can you ask this of me, we are mates!  You belong here, you will be the Luna Queen soon, you will not leave my side, little bunny."

"Stop calling me little bunny!  Knowing you, that sounded with double meaning.  I am not your plaything!  I am not one of those women who abandon themselves for a few nights of pleasure with you!  My name is Lyanna, call me that and that alone, Alpha! 

"That sounded with a tinge of jealousy, Lyanna.  I assure you, from this day on you have my undivided attention and my sole permission to my bed!"  I shouldn't have said that.  My wolf is reprimanding me but it's done.

Lyanna turned red with anger.  "Listen, Alpha!  I do not want your attention or your bed or your anything.  You disgust me!  My self respect is stronger than my yearning for my mate!  I do not want a player as my mate. "  She quivered with her last sentence.  

My wolf and I may love her already but we cannot stand the disrespect.  I moved closer to her, backing her on a large tree.  I caged her with my arms and pressed my head an inch from hers. My eyes have turned black as my wolf is close to coming out now.  "You will call me Knox and you will not talk to me like that ever again!  Moon Goddess paired you with me and there is nothing you can do about it.  You will not run away. You will not reject me. You will not deny me of you. You will not disobey me.  Because if you do, you will never see your precious sister again!  DO YOU HEAR ME?!" I am desperate and my ego has been trampled on, no one has ever turned me down.  I could not help exerting control and fear on her just to make her stay.

"I hate..."  she started to answer back but I will not have it.  I dipped into her mouth and forced a kiss to shut her up.  It started demanding, rough, and sloppy but soon I mellowed and savored her taste against my lips.  I used my tongue to urge her to open her mouth.  She is fighting the mate bond. I pulled her hair backwards so as to deepen the kiss.  She moaned to my surprise.  I affect her somehow.  This is good.  Few more seconds and she opened her mouth.  We kissed for a good three minutes and never have I wanted a woman so badly.  My little bunny wants to put up a fight but how can she win against a wolf deprived of his mate for a century.  When I released her from our lip lock she was breathing heavily.  Her eyes are dazed.  I am tempted to tease her but I am already on her bad side so I decided not.  

I took her arm and we walked back to the castle in silence.  It was our unspoken agreement that we stay quiet as both of us were stunned to the bickering and making out we just did.   

Alpha King's Playmatesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें