SIXTEEN

Lyanna

Lyanna

The woman I see in the mirror is a different woman.  It goes deeper than the gown, jewelries, and make up on me.  The past weeks has changed me in character I think.  I have been through a lot of changes and adjustments and I believe somehow I came out stronger and wiser.  Tonight marks my full acceptance of the crown and its duties.  Tonight the whole werewolf kingdom will know that its Luna Queen has come forth.  Tonight I give myself fully to my mate.

"My Queen, it is time."  Nadia's voice interrupted my self-examination.  How long have I been staring at myself in the mirror, I wonder? 

"You look absolutely stunning, Lyanna.  I am proud to have you as my Queen.  I know you will be just and generous to the kingdom."  Nadia said emotionally.

I moved closer to her and took her hand, "Thank you for your kind words.  I will try my very best."

Everyone is already gathered at the ballroom waiting for my grand entrance.  My heart is beating so fast.  I took a big breath and nodded to Nadia to signify my presence.

String instruments started playing the moment the big doors opened.  I started descending the stairs and like reflex my eyes searched for my mate. 

There were many guests in attendance. Alpha Waylen and some Blue Stone officials were in attendance and so are some Amethyst pack members.   My colleagues from the hospital were here too.  Harper was waiving proudly at me and she looked so pretty in her pink gown.  

Knox was waiting for me at the foot of the stairs, looking up with his glittering eyes.  His black immaculate suit is perfect.  There can be no more dashing king as the King of Werewolves.  

I was still five steps away from the foot of the stairs but Knox already met me up with his arms ready for me.  "You look so beautiful my love I can't wait to have you by myself."  I blushed at his words.

"You look gorgeous as always my Alpha King." I returned the due compliment.  Knox beamed and kissed my right mark. 

Luna Amanda, surprisingly started the ceremony with her welcome remarks and Alpha Magnus followed with his introduction as to what this night is all about.  It meant much to Knox and I that they are here and actively being part of all this.  The royal pack was delighted to see the royals.

The head of the royal council started the coronation proper which included my crowning, pledging, and the marking of the king.  I was contemplating on double marking Knox or not but decided one mark will do.  

"You were only a wish, a dream, but now you are truly my other half.  I will forever thank the Moon Goddess for giving you to me.  My little bunny,  how you make me happy."  Knox passionately kissed me and the guest started howling and cheering.

The celebration and festivity followed.  Harper was dancing with Alpha Waylen then with Knox's parents.  Knox introduced me to so many Alphas and Lunas.  One Luna caught my attention because she has been observing me for some time now.  Is she another ex-lover of Knox?  Her gaze is eerie.  I am not comfortable with how she is stalking me.

"My love what is the matter?" Knox worriedly asked.

"Keep it discreet, that Luna in emerald gown to our right has been eyeing me and I feel awkward about it.  Do you know her?"  

"I am not familiar with her, she may be a newly hailed Luna from a far away pack.  If you want, I can task Vino to find out more about her?"

"Never mind.  I am just being paranoid."

"Queen Lyanna!"  Someone grabbed my arm to turn me.

When I saw who it was, I shrilled!  "Reuben!"  I threw my arms around his neck and he lifted me for a swirl.  I was giggling in elation. "How is this possible? You are here!  I missed you!"  I hugged my best friend, Reuben, again.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY MATE!"  To my shock, Knox pulled me hard towards him as his other hand pushed off Reuben.  The music stopped and everyone's attention is on us. He is growling and panting.  Oh no!

"My love, look at me, this is Reuben.  He has been my bestfriend since forever and it has been five years since we last saw each other in person!" I explained.

"I do not care who the hell he is!  DO NOT throw yourself at any man, you are MINE!"  He screamed.

"Do not shout at me!  Funny how you go crazy over an innocent embrace between friends but here I am being patient with all the ladies coming on to you!"  

King Magnus approached us, "take this in a private room you two."  With that I immediately marched away from the ballroom, stomping and growling as I go.

I am annoyed beyond words!  I wanted to make Knox suffer for ruining my reunion with my bestfriend and other friends.  Knox's heavy and hurried steps can be heard so I quicken my pace.  I can almost feel his breath at the back of my neck when he lifted me like a sack of potatoes.

"Put me down, don't touch me!" His reply is a mild slap at my bun.  "Let go!" I hit his back on and on.

"NO, you are mine!  You reek of his smell.  It's either you stay close to me or I will kill him!"

"What is wrong with you?  You are being impossible!"

Knox threw me in our bed and started stripping his suit.  "What are you doing?" I freaked.

He is only in his black briefs when he pulled me up.  "We are taking a bath, my Queen, because I cannot stand that smell on you! And if I were you, I will cooperate or else you'll deal with my much possessive wolf!"  He stripped me of my ball gown and jewelries and carried me off to the bathroom.

"Do not touch me!  I can do this myself!"  

"Then go!"  He shouted and left me by myself as he stormed towards the bedroom.

My head is spinning as to how quick my mate's temper changes.  Is this the effect of his mark?  I realized it probably is!  He is an alpha king and everything is magnified with him.  I could hardly breathe with his possessiveness.  How do we handle this?  

I took all the time I can to bathe and moisturize.  Now I wonder what to wear.  I am still annoyed with my mate's actions tonight and so I decided to return the favor.

I opened the bathroom door and found Knox resting his back on the headboard.  He turned his face towards me and he was all red!

"REMOVE THAT THING OFF YOU, LYANNA!"  His neck veins are about to pop.

I smiled devilishly.  Mission accomplished.  Who is annoyed now?