SEVEN

Lyanna

I am quite excited because I get to work as nurse at the royal hospital and I start today.  This will enrich my medical experience and this is a chance for me to meet some pack members.  I was provided with sets of official scrub suits.  I had spare time so I curled my hair  and applied light make up.  I took a final look in the mirror and was satisfied.  I smiled because I rock in this scrub suit.

I fetched Harper in her room, and oh my goddess!  She looked so cute in her white long sleeved blouse and dark floral jumper dress.  Myla, the omega assigned to look after her, tied her hair with a big white ribbon.  If only mom and dad could see her now.  I sighed.  

Rhett met us at the pack house lobby

Rhett met us at the pack house lobby.  I bet he has loads of rules for me and Harper.  

"Good morning girls!  Nurse Lyanna, you look so queenly even in a scrub suit,"  he complimented.

"Why thank you, Rhett.  I can't wait to start work.  Harper here though is a bit apprehensive about going to school.  She turns shy sometimes."

"You are going to love school, Harper.  Miss Rose, your teacher, is well-liked by the students.  She's gonna love you right away,"  he assured Harper who is now clinging to my leg. "But remember,  you can't tell anyone about the king being your sister's mate."

We were about to exit the house when an elderly man demanded the attention of the beta.  "Beta Rhett, Beta Rhett,"  he hollered.  With the rambunctious elderly man are six stunning and young female werewolves who shockingly were dressed indecently.  They clad in nothing but see-through tulle that hardly covered their chests and thongs.  They had heavy make up, heavy perfume, and clanking belts like that of a belly-dancer.  On reflex, I covered Harper's view and ears as I turn our backs away from the guests.

"Beta Rhett, long time no see, my good lad!  See here, I brought the rarest beauties, young and compliant for the Alpha King."  He cackled.  "I made this trip extra special and I only aim to please, as usual!  Here are six virgin she-wolves," he boasted.   "And I hope the king will pick one or two or all of them!"  He burst into the most annoying laugh I have ever heard.

I was stunned.  I took a deep breath as I find it harder to take in air.  Is this the kind of women my mate takes to his bed?  Shameless ladies!  Virgins!  Moon Goddess, these women will have mates someday and yet they choose to offer their virginity to the king!  I need to get out of here.

I pulled Harper to me, covering her eyes as we exit the door.  The last thing I saw was the beta trying to catch us but six ladies and an old man would not let him pass.

I hardly spoke nor showed any emotion as I left Harper at her new school.  We were escorted and introduced to the teacher by the warriors assigned to guard me.  We arrived at the royal hospital and there I met Doctor Martin and Nurse Janice.  They were very accommodating.  I buried myself in work just to take my mind off from the untoward and disgusting incident in the pack house.

.................................

Knox

Alpha King, we have a situation!  Rhett mind linked me.  My heart skipped as Lyanna's face flashed to my mind.

Is Lyanna and Harper okay?  I asked.

Umm, about that,  the thing is Mr. Burns came to the pack house and brought six women, errr, to pleasure you, your highness!  The Luna witnessed Mr. Burns' scandalous marketing of his girls.  She took off with the pup and the guards said she hardly spoke a word when she entered the car up until they arrived at the hospital.  But do not worry, both the luna and her sister are with body guards.

Fuck!  Who let that dirty old man in?  I want that man and his mini-harem out of my territory this instant! Beta Rhett, I want you to inform the warriors manning all the royal pack gates to turn away anyone who came offering sexual services.  Tell them I do not entertain women anymore!  I will heavily punish the guards who will let these types of people in!  All guests will be screened first by Vino,  pending your approval as beta.  TELL THEM NOW!  

I used my Alpha King command this time.  I am infuriated.  

Lyanna.  I have to go to my mate...

My Audi screeched as I braked right in front of the hospital.  I followed my mate's scent to locate her in the building.  When I found her, a doctor was touching her arm as they converse.  Lyanna looked like the goddess Selene herself.  I will never get use to how captivating she looks.  Then she laughed at what the doctor said.  I drew everyone's attention when I released a furious growl!  Nobody touches what's mine!

I know I cannot just grab her and show any hint that she is my mate.  I took a deep breath to control my jealousy and anger.

"Nurse Lyanna, will you come closer,"  I commanded.  

Lyanna was startled by my growl and her cheerful disposition while she was talking to that blasted pack doctor dissipated.  Her face turned blank.  Emotionless.  

This is not good.

She approached me unwillingly so as not to make a scene.  She was still holding a metal tray with tools and tiny bottles on it.  

"Come with me, I need to speak to you.  It is important."  I expected her to obey, but to my astonishment she replied, "Alpha King, how nice of you to grace us with your presence, however, as you can see, this room is very busy.  We have many patients demanding urgent care.  I am sorry but I cannot come with you."

My wolf is livid!  I am doing my best not to let him out, not in this place.  "YOU WILL COME AND YOU WILL OBEY ME THIS INSTANT!"  The entire room went dead silent.  People around us wait in suspense for the next scene.

"You may be the king but you are not my alpha!"  She shouted and stood her ground.   The people gasped in chorus over Lyanna's retort.

Shit!  My Alpha King command did not work on her, naturally!  I was not thinking straight anymore as I closed the distance between us.  I slammed the metal tray in her hands.  The tray and its contents dropped garishly on the floor.  Lyanna turned white in terror.   I pulled hard on her arm and burst, "I am your alpha's alpha therefore I AM YOUR ALPHA!"  I dragged my mate out of the room, up few flights of stairs, and into a secluded room.

She was crying and panting when I banged the door closed.  I held her against the cold wall, trapped her arms above her head, and locked her body with my legs.  My eyes grew black.

"Please, you are hurting me...,"  she sobbed.  I wanted to punish her so badly for her audacity but the moment I glanced at her left arm it was as if someone threw ice water on me.  

On my precious mate's arm is a big violet fresh hand-shaped bruise.  My wolf whimpered and my eyes slowly return to blue.  

What have I done?