NINE

Lyanna

It has been six days since Knox took me to the arena and shared his past.  We hardly see each other because the beta saw to it that we stick to the plan.  And besides the king is busy with a lot of matters and businesses.  As for me, work is up to my ear but I am not complaining.  The medical people as well as some gifted witch healers are amazing.  The wolves under the royal pack are fortunate to have such dedicated and expert medical human resources.  I can say this because in my old pack, the Amethyst Pack, we are short of healers, doctors, and medical staff.  Injured warriors and ill children would die on hospital beds because they were not given the due medical attention that they needed.  We are not a very big nor a wealthy pack and it became just an unfortunate reality for the pack even when my cousin took over as alpha.  This is what inspired me to become a nurse.   

Nurse Janice and I were having lunch at the hospital cafeteria when three more nurses joined in our table.  We were discussing about how wolves are being trained in the royal pack when out of the blue, Nurse Lyn confessed, "Nurse Lyanna, that day when the Alpha King stormed here and asked you to come with him, I honestly thought the king has a liking on you." 

"Yeah?  Not until he unceremoniously dragged her out like a sack of cabbage!"  Nurse Janice butted.

"The king dislikes me because my sister and I trespassed here.  He is making sure himself that my punishment is being carried out."  I lied.

"It has been a mystery why the king suddenly do not want to be with women just like that.  He even gave a strict order not to let potential bed entertainers to enter the premises." The quirky and pretty Nurse June tapped her fork on her plate as she continued the conversation.

"Same thought, Nurse June!  I can still remember when my grandma told me stories about how vulgar and proud the king was with his prowess with women." I was feeling uncomfortable with the topic now as Nurse Amanda continued blabbering about the king's playboy life.

"Umm, can we talk of another...."  I was not finished yet when Nurse Janice jumped at her seat to excitedly say, "What if the alpha king found his mate!" Nurse Lyn, June, and Amanda's eyes went big. Then they laughed.

"That's impossible!  Alpha King Knox is on top of the Moon Goddess' list of baddest of the bad!" Amanda insisted.

"True, he is cursed for eternity.  And come to think of it, if he does have a mate, poor mate.  It's either the luna will live her life sharing his mate with other women or the luna will never live up to the bed standards of the king given his "vast" experience," Lyn pointed.

"What if the supposed mate will make the king change his ways for good?"  I shyly interjected.

"Girl, it's King Knox we are talking about!  Him having a mate may not be motivation enough to be faithful.  It has to be love.  Unless the king loves his mate then the king might just probably keep his mate for political purposes."  Nurse Janice's words pierced my heart.  Suddenly, I lost all appetite.

It was 6:30 in the evening when the body guards fetched me. The warrior driving the car missed our turn to the pack house.  I got nervous.  "The pack house is that way, am I right?"

"Yes, Nurse Lyanna, but the beta ordered us to bring you straight to the castle.  Someone will give you a grand tour of the castle, I believe." The driver explained.

When I arrived at the castle grounds my mouth fell.  The castle is like from a dream.  The well laid lighting of the castle facade  is enchanting.  I got excited and I have not seen half of it yet.  I could only imagine how grandiose it is in the morning or during royal events.

When the body guards left me at the lobby of the castle, Knox descended the grand stairs looking dashing as always.

"You missed me, right,"  he cooed as he approach me.

I smiled.  If he only knew how he never left my thoughts.  I brush him off and took a 360 degrees slow turn to absorb the beauty of the lobby.  When I faced Knox he scooped me and carried me bridal style.

"What are you doing?  Someone might see?"

"Shhhh, I planned this night well so do not worry your gorgeous head.  I miss you like hell my little bunny.  It felt like ages since I last held you.  And besides, this is tradition you know, that the king carries his queen all the way to the bedroom."  He sniffed my neck and pecked my lips then started walking.

"I thought I will be given a grand tour?" I mischievously asked.  "Why are we going straight to the bedroom then?"  I leaned my head on his chest and savored his delightful scent.

He carried me through a glass elevator.  He pressed level 5.  "Tradition will say this is cheating my King."  I teased.

"Work smart, little bunny, not work hard."  He is grinning like crazy.

We reached the 5th level and he walked us through an opulent hallway before he turned to the right wing. The king's room must be there.  I am not nervous at all because I know nothing can happen between us.  A little cuddling and kissing are fine.

The moment he turned right we were both in for the shock of our lives.  For there by the grand door of the room is woman posing and dressed seductively as  a cat!

"Meowwwww...."