FIFTEEN

Lyanna

Nadia escorted the Luna and Harper to the kitchen.  I stopped the beta in his tracks.  I am worried about Knox and his father.  "Rhett, is it wise to leave those two alone?"  I asked.

"My Queen, thunder and lightning are best left alone.  They subside in time."  Rhett confidently said.  Seeing I am not convinced, he added, "If the alpha wished to harm the king, he would have done so many times in the past already when he was stronger than his son.  He is still a father.  Knox is still a son.  No matter how deep the wound they created, their royal blood will still remind them that they are family."

I nodded in surrender.

A guard rushed to us, panting as he reported, "Excuse me my Queen, Beta, but we have a situation at the main gate!"

"What now?" Rhett instantly showed stress.

"The gamma's sister is making a scene there, demanding to talk to the Luan Queen."  The guard supplied. "Gamma Vino has done everything to calm his sister but to no success."

"No way is she getting near the Queen!  Drag her away, carry her off, get her away from here!"  Rhett ordered.

"NO, I wish to talk to her."  I calmly declared. Rhett and the guard snapped their heads toward me.

"Lyanna, I am addressing you as a friend, as a brother, do not do this.  Knox will not allow this.  I assure you, Yara has all intentions to malign you, the king, everything!  Spare yourself of this trouble."  He pleaded.

"I appreciate the concern.  Do not let me use my Luna command.  I will talk to this girl. You can accompany me if that makes you at ease."

"I will respect your wishes, my Queen.  But if she even attempts to get close to you, I have to step in and do my duty."

"I understand."

.....................................

"Let go of me, Vino!  I will talk sense into that queen wannabe!"  Yara screamed.

"I am here.  Calm down, you are hurting your brother, Yara."  I was surprised at how calm I am at this moment.  Twelve muscular warriors stand guard.  Vino let go of Yara's arms and bowed to me.  Rhett shot Yara with a warning growl.

Yara massaged her arms and straightened up.  "I see you are no coward.  Does Knox know you are here?"

"No."

"I see.  I knew it the first time I saw you,  that you are different, Knox was never THAT protective of any of his playmates, not even me, his favorite."  Yara sneered.  "What the hell, he double marked you?"

"What do you want Yara?"

"Let him go!  Knox does not belong to just one woman, you of all!  He is meant to love women.  He is to be shared by women.  You cannot make him happy.  You, a virgin!  What do you know in bed?"

I was shocked.  How did she know that?  The guards are not having Yara's disrespect and started  growling at her.  Rhett and Vino moved forward sensing my agitation.

"Yara, you are a beautiful woman.  Your mate is out there waiting for you.  You have a chance for real love if you would just let this go.  Why do you exhaust your energy to a mated wolf, your King, no less?  By doing this, do you think this will make you closer to him?  He will despise you, the mere fact that you are disrespecting his Queen.  I will be lenient on you only because I am fond of your brother, and I understand your infatuation over the king.  Leave now, and do not shame yourself, your brother, your family, and your king any further."  I addressed her.