s i x

Kiana Pierce

I had a sister.

~°~°~°~
Flashback:
~°~°~°~

It was for her safety,the kingdom didn't know that I gave birth to another girl. When I was giving birth to you,the doctor told me that I was actually carrying twins and everytime I went for a scan,she was hiding behind you so she never showed up at neither of the appointments. I gave birth to her 2 mintutes after you,she struggled to breathe properly on her own so they kept in the hospital for months. Finally we could bring her back home,your father was hesitant to introduce her so we hid her. When you were 8 years,there was a fire that broke out in her room,by the time the guards smelt the smoke,everything was burnt to crisp and your sister was gone. We searched high and low. She was gone and so was the man your father was."

~°~°~°~

I hadn't spoken to my mother since the day of her confession. I locked myself up and wallowed in sadness. I barely eat as I mourn my sister or sleep as I try to recall out memories. It's as if her presence died with my father's.

"Miss,you have to come out someday" my personal servant,Annie said through the door

"I-i can't..." I rasped

"Can I come in?" She asked timdly

I lifted myself off the plush rug and went to open the door. Annie walked in with a tray of food,the smell of freshly made bacon and Annie's famous bagels,made my stomach growl and my mouth salivate.

"You should eat something,miss" Annie said concerningly placing the tray of food on my lap.

I just stared at it.

♤♤♤♤

1 year and 6 months later

Things were normal the previous year,Mother ruled with an iron fist and I took notes as the time for me to take over neared.

Until chaos striked...

Late King Jerome Pierce died from an overdose and Princess Kiana Pierce apparently has a twin sister.

That headline spread like wildfire to every village and city under our rule. Pitchfork and flame torches raised high as they striked for the royal family to step down due to the lies we have fed them continuously. 

"Step down and we back down! If not,we will burn this place down!" They chanted day in and day out.

Till mother fell ill. And I was left alone. Day by day staff was leaving and taking as many  trinkets thier hands could hold. By the end of Fall,only the loyal stayed,which weren't many.

I was in mother's room,watching her pale figure with tubes running in and out of her,aiding her to breathe as slow as her body allowed her. Mother had been diagnosed with leukemia and she had it 2 years prior it spread badly throughout her body. Since then it's been chemotherapy till the end.

I kneeled next to her bed and said "Mother,it has gotten so bad,the staff left with nearly everything in the castle,the city has gone into full destruction,what do we do?"

"Visit hours are over" a nurse said behind me

I wiped the tears away and before leaving,I glanced back at my mother praying she heals.

♤♤♤♤

A/N: thoughts on the chapter?

Vote!

Comment!

-stormii