n i n e

Kya Monroe

It's been weeks since Davina helped me settle into a room across hers. It was small but spacious,cream and white walls,a double bed in the middle and a wardrobe to the far left corner.

As I was getting dressed in black leggings and a sweatshirt,I heard voices coming from the kitchen.

Should I go see who it is? No! What if that person recognizes me and take me back
t h e r e...

I can't risk it. I just can't

I plopped on the bed,some dust spilling out of the old mattress and stared outside the window. The birds were oddly silent and the flowers were wilting away thier beautiful colour as the sun reflected against the cracks in the pane.

Davina's words still cross my thoughts.

"Because the answers you have been searching for,you will receive soon"

I pondered on what she might be talking about and came up blank..it was honestly frustrating. As far as I know I haven't been searching for anything..what would I search for anyway? I got nothing to my name or any assets.

My thoughts were interrupted when a harsh knock on the door startled me.

"Coming" I muttered

I opened the door to see Davina full blown smiling which was an odd sight since I lived her,she was was either brooding or just lifts her lips. And there was a girl behind her,almost looks like she balanced her weight on Davina.

There was something about her that was oddly familiar.

"Kya,meet our new guest,Sara" Davina says giddly

"Hi.." I awkwardly say

She just looks at me intensely before nodding her head in greeting.

Weird.

"Uhm. I'm going to get Sara settled in,dinner will be ready in 15" Davina interjected as she looked between us.

I hmm in acknowledgment.

I sighed as I closed the door.

÷:÷:÷:÷

To say that dinner was awkward would an understatement. I sat across uhm-what's her name again? Ah! Kiana while Davina sat at her usual place at the end of the table.

Davina would occasionally looked between me and Kiana as she knew something we both don't.

"So, Kiana where are you from?" Davina asked as cleared her throat.

Kiana blankly stared at Vina and continued to play with the carrots on her plate.

Wow.

To busy my mind from the silence,I started humming a song I faintly remember from a dream about something.

As I stood up to wash my dish,the lyrics suddenly came naturally to me.

"I'm so tired of love songs, tired of love songs
Tired of love songs, tired of love
Just wanna go home, wanna go home
Wanna go home, woah
So tired of love songs, tired of love songs
Tired of love songs, tired of love"

Suddenly a chair is roughly pushed back thst it tumbles in the floor and Kiana is standing undeniably close to be that I can feel her rage and confusion prickle my skin

"Where did you hear that song?" She seeths

"Fro-from a d-dream" I stutter

"Don't you dare lie to me! Where did you hear that song!" She screams in my face as her hand wraps around my neck

"I don't know" I cry out.

"Where. Did. You. Hear. That. Song.?" SHE

"From my dream" I breathed out as I felt myself lose conscious

"Kiana enough!" Davina yells.

Kiana turns her face to face a calm Davina. Her eyes challenging Davina's command. Davina's eyes suddenly glow yellow-ish and Kiana's hold starts faltering.

The ground starts to feel the intensity of thier standoff. Finally Kiana let's go of me and storms out the kitchen,slamming the door.

My lungs feel constricted and I struggle to breathe. I start hyperventilating,Davina's voice sounds close yet foggy.

And I succumb to the darkness.

÷:÷:÷:÷

A/N: thoughts on the chapter?
Like what is your theories on where Kya heard the song? And why Kiana was so worked up about her knowing it?

-Vote

-Comment

-Stormii⚡