track one : cardigan

DAISY JONES AND THE SIX
001. | "come and get it"

JENNY DUNNE (rhythm guitarist, Daisy Jones & The Six): Where should I start?

INTERVIEWER: From the beginning, What was your childhood like?

JENNY: Absolutely chaotic. I was born in Pittsburgh and grew up with my two brothers, Billy and Graham. We were raised by our mother, as a single mom, that women never experience a moment of peace and quiet after we were born.

BILLY DUNNE (lead vocalist, Daisy Jones & The Six): I was seven when dad left, Graham was four, and Jenny was two. One of the only memories I have of him was when he told us he was leaving.

GRAHAM DUNNE (lead guitarist, Daisy Jones & The Six): I don't think Jenny and I have any recollection of him from when we were young. The only thing we had from him was an old silvertone guitar. One we all constantly fought over.

JENNY: We all loved that guitar; we all loved making music. Eventually, mom got frustrated with the fighting, so she saved up and bought Graham and I our own guitars.

BILLY: And that's when it all started.

JENNY: I was pretty young when they started the band. The best part about it was that it was all due to some silly girl. Graham's first girlfriend, to be exact; I still remember him sitting in that bed mopping over her. He refused to do anything; it was kinda sad.

He was like that for quite a while until Billy gave him a pep talk. It was something about how girls love musicians, so Graham obviously decided to start a band, and that was that.

EDDIE ROUNDTREE (bassist, Daisy Jones & The Six): I remember the first time I met Jenny like it was yesterday. We'd been friends with Graham for a while, but we'd never run into her before.

JENNY: Billy brought me to their first band rehearsal not on purpose, though; I bribed him to take me to the record store that morning, and his payback was forcing me to sit through that rehearsal with him.

The two siblings walked down the driveway toward Chuck Loving's garage, "This is going to be so stupid." Jenny groaned as she scuffed her feet against the pavement.

This dumb band rehearsal was the last thing she wanted to attend, sitting in a gross garage listening to a few pubescent teenage boys try and play a bunch of instruments. The pure idea was enough for her to want to run away.

"If I have to listen, so do you," Billy replied, not caring about the constant complaints that had been coming from his younger sister since they had left the record store he worked at. He wasn't too enthused about doing this either, but he loved Graham; they both did. For him, they'd  suck it up and sit through this damned joke of a band rehearsal.