track five : question...?

DAISY JONES AND THE SIX
005. | "i'll take you there"

Jenny's eyes were glued to the road after getting out of driving for the first 20 hours

Jenny's eyes were glued to the road after getting out of driving for the first 20 hours. Billy had forced her to take the night driving shift. So at 3 am, she was driving through some small town in Texas while the rest of her group was all asleep in the back seat. Or that's what she assumed they were doing until the passenger seat beside her had become occupied.

"Tired?" Eddie's voice came from beside her. The two had only become closer over the last couple of weeks, she enjoyed his company. "You don't have to stay awake and keep me company." She smiled.

"Who else is going to make sure you don't fall asleep or run into deer or maybe an alligator since we are in Texas. He joked, causing the grin on Jenny's face to widen. "Thank you for your confidence." She giggled.

In all honesty, she didn't mind the night drive; the stars were shining bright, and something about the lack of light made her feel calm, but it also caused deep thoughts to come into her head. "Do you think we are going to make it, Eddie?" She whispered.

Through all the excitement of the move, she hadn't taken a second to think. Would this actually work for them? Could they become a real band? Would the labels want to sign them?

JENNY: I've always been one to worry about things, but that night the anxiety that rushed through my body was something I hadn't experienced before. All I could think was, did we just make the biggest mistakes of our lives?

EDDIE: I was slightly taken aback when Jenny asked; it had crossed my mind, but I hadn't really thought that deeply about the subject.

"I do, I really do, Jen," He tried to reassure her.

"What if we don't? What if we get there and this all goes to shit." She asked; Jenny wasn't sure why the this was the time she had to think about it. Everyone else was so sure and excited, and she didn't feel that Eddie would judge her for the doubt that sat in the back of her mind.

"Then I'll get a dead-end job, and so will you. We will move to the suburbs, buy a house with a white picket fence, have a couple of kids, and live there until we either start a family band or die."

JENNY: I remember not knowing if he was serious. If he saw life like that for us, but it was the first time Eddie hinted at some future that was more than just friendship. Now thinking back on it, I know that he was serious, but back then, I thought he was just being a flirt like every other boy I'd ever met.

EDDIE: I was dead serious...

Jenny laughed and smiled at him, "Sounds like a plan Roundtree." She was utterly oblivious to the meaning behind those words, but at least he made her feel like, you could always go up when you hit rock bottom.

"Yeah?" He asked, a soft expression on his face. Eddie studied her, the way her dimples appeared as she smiled, how her light brown hair sparkled in the moonlight. "Sure, why not."