track three : late night talking

DAISY JONES AND THE SIX
003. | "come and get it"

Chuck Loving made the decision to leave the Dunne Brothers in 1971, claiming that he needed a future, and he didn't believe the band would go anywhere where Billy and the boys did

Chuck Loving made the decision to leave the Dunne Brothers in 1971, claiming that he needed a future, and he didn't believe the band would go anywhere where Billy and the boys did. Chuck left for college the next day, leaving the boys without a bass player.

BILLY: We were opening for The Winters that Thursday, and we were left without a bassist. I wouldn't cancel our first real show, not because Chuck gave us less than a week's notice. So Eddie offered to take over the bass.

EDDIE: I didn't offer. I didn't want to play bass. I was told, but I did it for the band. I assumed we'd get a new bassist, and I'd be back on rhythm in no time, but that's not what happened.

BILLY: With Eddie being on Bass, we were still missing a rhythm guitarist, so I had no choice.

GRAHAM: Jenny was finally allowed to join the band, only because Camila convinced him. So we asked her, Eddie wasn't too impressed with this decision, but like I've said. She's good, and she's really good.

JENNY: I didn't jump for joy when they asked me. They should have asked me from the beginning.

Jenny opened the door that led to her bedroom, and after it creaked open, she came face to face with 5 people sitting in her bedroom. She jumped back in surprise, not expecting to have such a crowd.

"What the fuck are you all doing in here?" Jenny asked, just wanting to take a nap before dinner and would like to do that without people watching her. "The boys have something to ask you." Camila smiled.

Looking at all the boys, she had no clue what they'd be asking for, Graham looked excited, Billy looked uneasy, Eddie looked slightly pissed, and Warren, well, Warren had the same expression he always had. "Can we hurry it up? I just wanted a nap." She groaned.

"Well, Jenny -" Bill began to speak before being quickly cut off by Graham. "We want you in the band!" Graham exclaimed.

JENNY: He was the most excited I was allowed in the band, couldn't tell you why, but he had been fighting for it for a while.

"Sorry, what? Doing what?" She asked, shocked by this news, but for all, she knew, she was going to be their roadie or something like that. "Rhythm guitar," Eddie mumbled.

Jenny looked at them as if they all had two heads. "Isn't that Eddie's role in the band?" She asked. The last thing she needed to do was add tension to this band. "Look, Jen, Chuck quit the band, and we have the biggest gig of our career in four days. Eddie swapped to bass, and we need you on Rhythm?" Billy explained the whole situation.

"And you're okay with this?" She looked at Eddie directly. Over the last year, she's realized there has always been a slight issue between the two boys, and she wasn't looking to get in the middle of it. "Sure." He sighed