track four : sweet beginnings

DAISY JONES AND THE SIX
004. | "come and get it"

Jenny Dunne was a natural on stage, from the moment those lights hit her face to the moment she took a bow on that stage

Jenny Dunne was a natural on stage, from the moment those lights hit her face to the moment she took a bow on that stage. She shone through the whole set, she was terrific.

Adrenaline pumped through her veins; she was quite literally buzzing. Her fingers were numb from the guitar strings that had been pressing against her finger tips.

She ran off the stage in pure bliss and was met with the screaming version of Graham. The two siblings collided in each other's arms, both feeling the same amount of hype flow through their bodies.

Billy came up and smacked her on the back, causing her to rip from Graham's arms and smile at her older brother. "You killed it!" Billy screamed.

JENNY: I think that was the most excited I'd ever been. It got even better after that.

ROD REYES (tour manager, Daisy Jones and The Six): Put Mick Jagger in a lineup, and a person who's never heard of the Rolling Stones could still point to Jagger and say, you can "That one. He's the rock star." Billy Dunne had that in spades.

The group had made their way back into the audience, all planning to meet outside eventually. Eddie and Jenny hit the bar immediately after, "Two beers." Eddie requested.

"How was the life of the bass guitarist, my friend?" Jenny asked, making quick conversation as they waited for their drinks.

Eddie, well, Eddie wasn't happy with the bass, but he was happy that by him playing it, Jenny was able to join the band. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her until he spotted Camila in the crowd. Then his eyes were glued to Billy's girlfriend, but he did take a glance back at Jenny every so often.

Eddie and Cami had a past; it wasn't Camila the problem; it was Eddie and his stupid little never-ending crush on the only girl he couldn't have.

Jenny took notice of it right away, the glances he gave her, the way he smiled when she filmed him, the way he always found a way to stand beside her. But since they had become friends, she noticed him back off a bit until tonight. She knew his eyes were on her when he started, but she no longer existed when Camila was in the crowd.

Something about it made her stomach turn, not in a nausea way, in a jealous way, but she'd never admit that.

"Not terrible." He leaned back on the bar counter and smiled at her. "Did you enjoy my guitar parts?" He asked, his grin growing bigger and bigger the deeper he got into the beer.

It was amazing. It was everything she wanted, but she wouldn't let him know. "Meh, they could have been better." She smirked at him.

Eddie smacked his hand across his chest with fake hurt written all over his face. "I'd like to see you do better." He challenged, stepping closer to her. "Well, I'll show you better." She replied, reciprocating his moves.