track six : haunted

DAISY JONES AND THE SIX
006. | "i'll take you there"

JENNY: When Karen first came to the house, well, Eddie had stolen one of Camila's dresses, Graham in nothing but his white underwear, Warren was dressed as a pirate, and I was wearing a white sheet with sunglasses on and had a pair of Eddie's unde...

JENNY: When Karen first came to the house, well, Eddie had stolen one of Camila's dresses, Graham in nothing but his white underwear, Warren was dressed as a pirate, and I was wearing a white sheet with sunglasses on and had a pair of Eddie's underwear overtop... you know, manly ghost kind of thing. We were sword fighting with brooms and dusters. We forgot Karen was moving in that day...

KAREN: First impressions... not great.

JENNY: That first house... Well, a lot of memories were made there. Despite the small space, the creaky floors, the haunted bedroom...

WARREN: That's right, Jenny and Karen's room was totally haunted, man.

KAREN: It wasn't haunted...

JENNY: It absolutely was haunted.

The three girls in the household stood in the room now belonging to Karen and Jenny. 

"Sorry, it's kind of a dump, but the boys refused to come into it," Jenny told her, leaning against the door frame that belonged to their small room.

"Yeah, non of the boys would touch it. I figured staying with Jenny was better than sleeping on the couch with Warren." Camila chuckled.

"It's haunted," Jenny added to the end of Camila's sentence, and Karen grinned at the young girl in front of her.

"Yeah, by uh, horrendous taste." Cami shook her head.

Karen stopped in the middle of the room, studying it, "Sold, I'll take it." she grinned at the two of them.

JENNY: I remember that first room; it was indeed awfully decorated and haunted. We often woke up to pictures on the ground, and Warren swore he heard a faint screaming, but Karen and I made some good memories in there. Late night talks, getting high and falling asleep on the floor, sharing a bed when it got too cold and the heating broke and making a tower out of our empty beer cans.

KAREN: I must admit, I loved sharing a room with Jenny. We bonded quickly over a shared space.

JENNY: the house was an absolute disaster, but at least we had a gig on the strip. So it could have been worse, or so I thought...

"I think something died in this place," Jenny commented, looking up at where they'd be working for the next 7 months.

Filthy McNasty's was a run-down old bar, grosser than the ones back home. With a crowd that was filled with older men, but it was something.