track two : here comes the sun

DAISY JONES AND THE SIX
002. | "come and get it"

JENNY: I remember meeting Camila Alvarez like it was yesterday; our washer and dryer had just broken at home

JENNY: I remember meeting Camila Alvarez like it was yesterday; our washer and dryer had just broken at home. I came in to bug Billy while he was washing laundry, and that's when I saw him making a fool out of himself in front of Camila.

CAMILA ALVAREZ (billy dunne's wife): One of the reasons I even agreed to go out with Billy was because of Jenny, she walked into that laundromat and even though she spent most of the time making fun of him. She's also quite convincing, but he was also Billy freaking Dunne.

Billy was failing and failing hard, and the fact that the youngest Dunne child had walked in with her hands full of their last load of laundry was his worst nightmare. Especially when the last thing he had said to the beautiful girl in front of him was, "Well, how about this... you give me your number, and I'll write you a song.."

Jenny groaned as she walked in to hear Billy's stupid lines. "Oh god, Billy, leave the poor girl alone," she said, handing off Graham's laundry. "I'll write you a song." She mimicked him, Billy just glared back at her. She had the worst timing.

"I'm Jenny, by the way." She stuck her hand out towards the girl. Camila knew who she was, Billy's younger sister. She seemed to be close with her brother, who was always around. "The famous band player's sister." Billy rolled his eyes as the girl accepted his sister's handshake.

"Camila, it's nice to meet you." She chuckled.

JENNY: Then Billy sent me outside; usually, I wouldn't have listened, but he seemed into this girl. I didn't wanna be blamed if he blew it.

She sat on the sidewalk outside of the laundromat, being that her older brother had snatched the car keys from her when she walked in. Bored as all hell, until she watched as Camila came out and Billy was still inside. She quickly got up and bounced in front of the older girl.

"Hi again." Jenny smiled; this was her chance to score her brother, his dream girl.

"Hey, Jenny!" Camila smiled back.

CAMILA: I thought Jenny was adorable when I met her, and still, to this day, her impression of Billy, and I meeting it still always makes me laugh. So I was glad when she stopped me.

"Look, I wouldn't blame you if you never called my brother. I mean, his pickup line was really stupid." Jenny started on her to speak, and Camila giggled at her words.

"But I promise he's not that bad; all the boys in the band kinda think they're the shit right now, but it will fade. So consider giving him a chance, and if it goes badly, I'll buy you dinner, but if it goes well, you buy me dinner." Jenny Dunne was the world's best wingman.

Cami smiled at her. The sheer amount of hope in that young girl's face was enough for her to say. "Okay, I'm convinced."

JENNY: We went out for dinner a year later.