Chapter 17 It's all my fault...

No sounds could be heard, that is, except for the loud ringing which sounded through (Y/n)s ears.

She felt nothing at first.

Nothing but freezing cold, but then her feelings gradually returned, only to fill her with the most intense pain she had ever felt.

It felt as is her chest had been sliced open-

It felt as if her blood was leaving her body at an alarming rate-

She lifted her hand, the limb shaking as she touched her chest, trying to locate the pain, only to feel something warm and sticky to the touch.

She knew what it was, yet had trouble prosessing what had actually happened.

Where was she again?

Had she been attacked?

Why-

(Y/n) noticed a shadow which loomed over her head, although she did not feel threatened by it.

Who was that again?

She could swear she knew those blond locks, and why did it seem as if the person was shouting at her?

She couldn't see the person's face clearly, she couldn't even hear the words that came out of his, or her's, mouth.

Yet-

(Y/n) could suddenly locate a sound- something which sounded like singing.

Was she dying now?

She could be- as the great pain she had been feeling was suddenly soothed down to a mild sting, until she couldn't feel any pain at all.

She felt her eyes slip shut at the relief, and soon she let the darkness take over.

~~~~~

Harry felt paralysed.

He had no idea what that spell would actually do, but that-

He could do nothing but watch as (Y/n) fell to the hard tiles, blood spurting from her chest as if she had been sliced by an invisible sword.

She made no movements at all as she lied on the water-covered floor, her blood ozzing out of her opened chest before it mixed with the water and fell down the drain.

What had he done?

Had he known what that spell would actually do-

Harry staggered forwards, yet stopped as he didn't dare touch the girl he-

He watched as her hands moved up to her chest, how she touched her own blood, yet her face stayed the same, her eyes glossed over, as if she was blind.

It didn't take long before Snape bursted through the door, his cold eyes glaring at him, before they went over at Malfoy, then finally the bleeding form of (Y/n), and it was then that he moved in rushed movements.

Harry didn't know what he was doing, but as he heard something that resembled singing he noticed that the bleeding stopped.

Harry watched as the blood that pooled around the girl dissapeared, just before the wound - The one he had created- closed back up, as if it had never been there at all.

But Harry knew-

He would forever know what he had done to her-

His own girlfriend- Although, right now he was unsure if he was even allowed to call her that.

Why didn't he listen when she told him to stop?

Why did he have to follow them-

Harry didn't dare move as Snape had told him to stay put- He could only stare at the remains of the blood that dissapeared down the drain, yet to him it looked as if the ground was still splattered with red- As if (Y/n) was still lying there, gripping at her chest, gasping for air.