Life gets Harder and Stranger

April 14, 2005 - 9:16 PM

"So, she's here, Maximus?"

"Affirmative, at least according to YOUR connections that I had to personally question for you."

"Alright then, so son, just like we practiced, get into her room and then bring her back out here, and only get her friends if she refuses, if they're here as well of course."

"Of course, I know what to do if she refuses to comply, now let's go, and if your right, these guys will leave us alone?"

"Correct, son."

Sure enough, Logan, Sid, Maximus, and some other anthro soldiers got out of their vehicle and began walking towards the base, with any eye witnesses barely giving any kind of odd reaction, as most of the soldiers knew Bartley was a man working for them and was able to be spared from the fates of the thousands of other captured humans over the past two weeks.

And not long after arriving, Sid and Maximus got inside the base, trying to find June. Sure enough, they got to the corridor her room was located down. "Alright, you stand outside in case she tries to get out," said Sid. "I know, you're starting to sound like your dad now," grumbled Maximus.

Sure enough, Sid began walking towards the room, while Maximus kept watch, but soon, a beautiful anthro kangaroo soldier began walking past. "Hey doll face, watcha doin here from down under?" asked Maximus. The kangaroo glared at him offended, but soon grinned, seemingly from the German shepherd's looks and charisma. "Are you trying to be funny with me?" she asked.

"Maybe dollface, just here for a short while, we'll be leaving shortly, just call me Max," chuckled Maximus. "We'll you can call me Maggie in that case, you see I haven't gotten much to do around here, so maybe I could ask my superiors if I could assist you since there's too many missions to do yet not enough for me," said Maggie. "Potentially, although I'm concerned whether it's that or because of me?" smiled Maximus. "Maybe," said Maggie.

"Is there something going on here?"

The two turned and saw a red furred husky similar to the one Maximus was trying to help find. In fact, it was Jake, June's only surviving brother.

"Oh sorry, did I ruin the moment, because I was too curious?" he asked sheepishly. "I don't know, did you get too curious, or is this issue concerning you enough for some other reason?" Asked Maximus, smirking as he raised his rifle straight at Jake's face. "H- Hey, we don't want any trouble, sorry if something's wrong, we'll be on our way now," said a young raccoon who came from behind. "Yeah, you should get out of here for your own good," said Maximus. "Right, nothing weird going here," said Jake, who was sheepishly chuckling.

The two kids were about to leave, but just then, Maximus' ears perked up and saw two other kids, an otter and a coyote, looking right back at them from behind a nearby wall and dueling back behind rather quickly.

"Shoot, do you think he saw us?" asked Emmett. "Probably, I think he looked and saw us," whispered Tony. "What about Jake and Peter, are they ok?" asked Willow. "I don't know, all is that those two probably saw us," said Tony. "Probably? We're so dead," muttered Ron.

"Not quite, you could still all be useful while you're at it," said another of Bartley's anthro soldiers as he pointed his own rifle at the kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My name is Sid Bartley, but you have full permission to call me Sid,"

June's mind was now flooding with questions, but she soon found the courage to speak. "Wh-....What are-...you doing here?" the young husky asked nervously. "Simple, it's for you," said Sid. "Why, what do you need me for?" asked June.