Rising Tensions and Mystery

April 17 - 11:34 AM

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHH"

Cody ducked back behind his cover in fear as he clutched his weapon. That had to be William, he thought. Why were they even out there, he thought.

The truth was that Cody wanted to take up small training for the Biltmore militia, but couldn't explain why. Now, he was out in the so-called safe woods in the area with some friends of his and others awaiting whatever with their weapons.

Suddenly, he heard footsteps crunch something and turned to shoot. Sure enough, some paintballs flew out rapid fire and hit the two guys nearby. However, Cody didn't realize that he'd hit his friends until he saw Jack's face covered in red, and light browns all over Brian's clothes.

"Oh shoot, sorry guys, I thought that was someone else!" said Cody. "Shit...nah you're fine dude but god that hurts when your shot up close," said Jack as he grunted in pain. "Yeah, we're trying to help William, why don't you come on?" asked Brian. Cody reluctantly nodded. He obviously didn't want to get jumped, but he knew he had to get to his friend.

The three carefully trekked through the area until they reached where the scream came from and saw William on his back with white all over him, though at least he was ok. "Oh my god, Will, what happened? Speak to us!" asked Jack. "They got me, and y'all fell for it, sorry guys," coughed William. "Wait, what do you-AHH!" screamed Cody as he was shot and then tackled off to the side by something swooping in from the trees, with the same thing happening to Brian shortly thereafter.

However, Jack was quick and turned around as he too toppled down a hill after a certain green figure landed on him. Moments later, after the two came to a complete stop, Kate had gotten right on top of Jack who was on his back and smiling sheepishly. "Oh...hey," he said meekly. "Hello," Kate responded with a bit of a smirk on her face as she got off of the teen.

"Eli, you and your siblings are campers!" shouted William. "Hey, it worked most of the time! So why stop a good thing?" asked Elijah as Brian slowly trekked back up from behind. Meanwhile, Eddie was nearly laughing himself to death while getting him and Cody back up the hill. "OH MAN, NOW I GET WHY ROXIE SAID THIS WAS FUN. Alright in all seriousness, we were sent to hunt you down, and it was too fun of an opportunity to pass up," said Eddie after he finally calmed down. 

"Eh, whatever, now for payback," said Jack as he pointed his paintball weapon and shot at Elijah while he was distracted while Eddie managed to dodge while his light green brother now had red on the side of his head and a sudden smirk on his face.

"OH HO HO HO! ITS ON BOI!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile...

Emma couldn't focus much while being schooled in their camp, except for when the teacher, Ms. Garnet, had to clap in her face to wake her up. The truth was that it was likely due to what she'd been seeing at night, a vision of a large purple winged creature looming over her that was only really different slightly every night. Emma couldn't explain it, but she felt a sense of warmth around the creature ever since.

However, what was stranger were the visions that she'd seen. One day was a vision of a giant humanoid monster looming tall over some engines, another was of an explosion going off near what looked like a 1400 autotank, but the most prominent vision was of what looked like a light purple husky glowing and flying but trying to seemingly help many familiar and unfamiliar humans down below.

Simply put, Emma had a lot on her mind that couldn't be easily put together. Luckily, it wouldn't be long before she'd have the chance to talk with the others as in the same group as her were Oliver and Zach. By the time Emma got done with her work, it looked like Oliver and Zach were on their way back with Ian, though she was able to catch up with them. Well, almost.