A "Simple Delivery" gone wrong

April 15 - 2:14 AM

While never heavy sleepers like Eric, Jason, or even Diego, Nico and Amanda could hear something shocking from the vent in the large shed they were inside.

"What the hell is going on in there for Jesus bloody murder!?" shouted Amanda. "I don't know, but it's definitely not pleasant!" said Nico.

Coming from the vent, it sounded like someone or something animalistic screaming or shrieking in utter agony. And it eventually woke up some of the other engines as well, including Shiloh, Keith, Sandy, and even 1478, all of them horrified or confused or both.

And after several minutes of it, the screaming finally stopped, but it didn't calm the engines very much. "What the hell is going on in this place!?" asked Keith. "Don't ask me, I swear I know nothing about this!?" said 1478. "Yeah, no, I already got a million questions, mainly how does an engine like you not know about this when you pretended to be one of their own for two whole weeks!?" asked Sandy.

"First of all, 1477 and I split the disguise and undercover work and I had to cover for him half the time while he worked shunting at the facility, and second, I was only tied to the anthro's secret corporations, and until a week ago, I would've never said otherwise!" said 1478.

If anything, between the half of engines that were awake, nothing was getting any better as panic, confusion, and worry began to quickly spread.

However, for a small amount of these engines, within the next 24 hours or so, that screaming would prove to be the least of their worries.

6:43 AM

"Ah, good morning everyone, it's a new day and everything going fine here," said Aiden as he woke up from the first peaceful rest in two weeks. Only, he didn't expect the responses to be lackluster, noticing the expressions on the engines that had heard the screams. "May I ask what happened? Why are you guys so tense?" asked Aiden.

"You don't wanna know," said Nico.

Just then, the door opened to see their controller walk in with Leo to address to the engines. "Hello engines, I take it you all had a nice first two nights here at Biltmore?" asked Daniel. "Yeah, although I thought we wouldn't have been hearing screams in the middle of the night," said Sandy. "I haven't even slept good for 8 hours and there are certainly those of us just need a good night's rest for once."

"Alright, I confess we're aware of that, and we'll try to make sure that it won't disturb you in your sleep ever again," said Leo. "That's not a good excuse, I really feel like you should let us know, because this little blue doppelgänger friend of ours isn't telling us shit!" said Diego. "Ok, no, first of all, that's classified, second of all, that isn't what we're here for, what we need is a list of volunteers," said Daniel. All the engines were intrigued and confused.

"What for?" asked Shiloh.

"Why, it's a bit of a rather simple delivery of shipments to another prisoner and research base of ours and a section on the front lines not very far from here that'll take place at night," said Leo. "It's a bit big so we'll need four engines total to manage it, I'm hoping some of you will be compliant, otherwise we'll pick some of you at random, anyone who wants to volunteer, say I," she said.

"I," said Eric.

"I," said 1478.

"I," said Nico.

"I," said Aiden.

"Well, that was fast, I honestly don't know what to say, but do any of you?" asked Daniel in disbelief.

"Your engines won't give me any slack or trust, and I just figure I need to earn it by doing them another favor," said 1478.