Night Owl

Lethargic hits me. My face turns slightly pale.

Arsto lets go of me and I fall to the floor, coughing and grasping my throat.

"Tch...is someone interfering with the system again?" Arsto mumbles.

"A-Arsto...what..." I try to say. 

The sound of thunder erupts from a distance.

Arsto throws glance at the sky and clenches his fist.

He turns back to me. "Damn it, they noticed."

Who noticed? What's going on?!

Arsto quickly grasps my head. "Leave! You are not ready yet!" 

*BAM!*

Something hits my consciousness out of that dimension and I fall into an endless void.

==================================

"Hah!! Huff huff huff..." I jolt out of my seat, sweating buckets.

Looking around, I am back in the library from before. Pulling up my status screens yields a normal panel.

...

What was that?

"Hah..." I sigh and rub my forehead.

Dungeons in Elvis Arcane are simply a space somewhere within this world isolated from the outside.

If so, what is that "dungeon"? A prophecy?

I need to find out.

But for now, I put back the books and leave the library.

Unknown to me, a young girl with white hair and azure eyes sits on the bookshelf and stares at me, her pure snow dress waving despite the absence of wind.

My badge starts to vibrate, I take it out of my coat to find it glowing. I have a mission. Still, I have to take a breather and step outside to look at the flowing sea above.

Many dots of people roam the lively bright city. The moonlight created a wavy starry night on the water above. A dark blue hue engulfs my body. It feels calm and lonely at the same time.

...

I put my hand into my coat's pocket and feel something.

?

I take it out and it is the same seed I got from that dream world.

"What?"

--------------------
?????

Error.

This item's #&&#% is not found.
--------------------

Something that even the system doesn't know?

I quickly store it in my storage ring before anyone notices and walk to the BOV building. Curiosity will yield me nothing.

All operations are handled by the logistics department. Near the entrance at the first level is a receptionist and contracted mercenaries are required to receive their mission from there.

"Good evening, Mr Arsto! Sorry for the short notice, this is an abrupt mission and we need every manpower possible. The details are within here."  the receptionist passes a paper to me.

The paper is a sketch of a boy with shoulder-length hair. He seems harmless until the name "Bodev Isva" is read below the picture. He is the heir to the Night Owl, a notorious terrorist group that hides in the shadow and sabotages Rodgof.