Death and Resurrection

The life of Rosalind McDaniels was one of hardships and loneliness.

She was born the only child and daughter of Marsha and Ethan McDaniels in Orange Cove, California.

At four years old her father left, leaving Rosalind and Marsha behind, and forcing Marsha to work multiple jobs to provide for herself and her daughter.

But Rose wasn't lazing about while her mom worked, she put everything she had into her studies at the cost of everything else that kids her age enjoyed. Friends, after-school activities, were all given up and ignored in her pursuit of a better life for herself and her mom.

It paid off when she graduated high school early at the age of 16 and finished her undergraduate and graduate schooling in quick succession.

By twenty-four Rosalind had become a doctor at one of the biggest hospitals in Los Angles, one that worked as a neurologic surgeon while also specializing in perinatology and family medicine.

The next few years Rosalind's life had drastically changed thanks to her job, she was able to move herself and her mother out of their tiny rundown one-bedroom apartment in Orange Cove into a high rise in LA. During this time Rosalind was able to convince Marsha that she no longer had to work and could quit her various jobs since she could support them both financially.

Rosalind McDaniels had finally moved up in the world and was living the life she had worked for since she was young to achieve.

Until she died...

~X~

It started off as an ordinary Saturday morning, Rosalind was currently standing in the self-checkout lane at her neighborhood supermarket.

She had been putting off grocery shopping for the past few days as she was swamped with work and did not have the time. She was going to relax at home since she had finally had a rare day off, especially as she would be by herself because her mom was going out with friends. This was the plan until Marsha told her that she was going out to the store as there was no food in the house.

And being the helpful daughter that she was and not wanting her mom to be late for her brunch date with having to go to the store and come back home to drop off the groceries, decided to go herself.

Damn, why the does food keep getting more fucking expensive? It's just myself and mom I'm buying for, and all the cash in my wallet is gone. Rosalind thought as she pushed her full cart out of the store and towards her car.

She soon got to her car and began to load the groceries into the trunk, unaware of the person that was quickly approaching from behind.

Just when Rosalind closed her trunk, she was suddenly shoved into her car. The young woman cried out in shock and quickly turned around, seeing a Caucasian man standing behind her. He was dangerously skinny, his eyes sunken and cloudy, his blond hair was greasy and unkept, and his arms were covered in scars.

But what truly drew her attention was the gun being pointed at her in his shaky hands.

"Woah! Woah!" Rosalind exclaimed, raising her hands up as the man drew closer.

"Give it back to me!" The man roared.

Rosalind looked at the man in confusion, not understanding what she was being asked. "Give what back to you?"

"You know what you took from me you fucking bastard!" The man grabbed his hair so tightly that a couple strands could be seen falling out. His screams soon drew the attention of others in the parking lot and a small crowd had formed around the two.