Two Births

"Fucking Hell!" A voice screamed; the pained exclamation ripped through the Red Keep.

The voice belongs to Rhaenyra Targaryen, the Princess was currently giving birth to her first child.

The Princess was inside a large tub filled with water, surrounded by a large group of wetnurses and midwives, no maesters in site. After what happened to her mother, she did not trust any maester, especially Mellos, to be around her should anything go wrong.

"You must push harder, Your Grace." One of the midwives said.

"Uugghhh! I am fucking pushing!" Rhaenyra roared, but her comment was ignored by the servants as the labor continued.

The more time that passed, the more her fear grew. She took deep breaths and pushed, trying to relax her body, but failing.

Will I die here? Will I end up just like my mother? Will the birthing bed also being my deathbed? Rhaenyra thought.

In the end, her firstborn would prove to be her longest and hardest birth, staring at noon and bleeding into the next day.

Just as the sun rose over the horizon, the leading midwife yelled, "I can see the head! It won't be long now, Your Grace!"

"He is out! Excellent job, Your Grace." The midwife stated minutes later.

Rhaenyra's vision blurred, she slumped against the back of the tub, finally able to relax. Tears of joy fell down her cheeks, not only had she conquered her fear and survived, but her child was alive and healthy.

After a few minutes, Rhaenyra was helped into bed by the midwives and the newborn was bundled up in a red and black blanket and placed in Rhaenyra's arms.

Rhaenyra smiled down at the babe, at her son as more tears filled her eyes.

The newborn was of true Targaryen and Velaryon blood, having a tuft of silver hair that she was sure would darken in a few years. His skin was darker than her own, being a tanned dessert brown. And she was sure that when he opened his eyes, they would be the same purple all Valyrians possessed.

The Princess breathed a sigh of relief when looking at her child, now no one would be able to deny his parentage.

"You want us to what?" Laenor asked. He did not think this is what his wife was going to say when she said they needed to talk.

"You heard me, Laenor. I want us to bring another into our bed." Rhaenyra said, a little annoyed that her husband was making her repeat herself for a third time.

"I know you said we should find our pleasure elsewhere, but I did not think you meant together?" Laenor said.

Rhaenyra walked towards her dresser and pulled out a book from inside, she opened it and showed him the same picture she saw yesterday of the woman and two men.

Laenor stared blankly at the drawing for a few moments before looking back at his wife. "You want to watch me get fucked by another man? I do not want to judge, but that seems a little strange."

Rhaenyra scoffed and rolled her eyes. "It's a good thing your pretty, 'Nor." She said jokingly, "I want you fucking me as you yourself are getting fucked by another man."

Rhaenyra sighed before leading Laenor over to the bed and seating down. "One of the reasons we are struggling to conceive is because of the lack of attraction-" Rhaenyra was unable to finish her thought as Laenor cut his wife off.

"I am so sorry, Rhaenyra. We would not be struggling like this if it were not for me and my perversions." Laenor was no longer able to look Rhaenyra in the eyes, glaring at the floor as self-loathing once again filled his heart.