The White Worm

Three Years Later

Since her rebirth, Lilyanna Targaryen had not felt a terrible, all-consuming anger within herself.

At least, not until this very moment...

The eight-year-old had entered Alicent's bedchamber, looking for her mother and found her sitting across from Lord Larys Strong, son of Lyonel Strong, Hand of the King.

The two had been engaged in a hushed conversation with one another before Lilyanna's entrance drew their attention.

"Lilyanna." Alicent said breathily, immediately rising to her feet.

"Am I interrupting, mother? If so, I apologize." Lilyanna said calmly, forcing herself to keep her eyesight only on her mother and not the man standing near her.

"You are not interrupting us, my little flower." Alicent said, inwardly relieved that her daughter had not heard or suspected anything from her and Larys. "Is something the matter?"

"You promised that you would meet my siblings and I in the garden for the picnic we planned for today. We have been waiting for some time, so I came to get you." Lilyanna answered.

"My apologies, Lily. Lord Larys and I were having a discussion, and it appears that the time escaped me." Alicent said as she motioned towards Larys.

"Good day, my princess." Larys said to Lilyanna, giving the young girl a low bow before rising.

"Good day, Lord Strong." Lilyanna said, giving the man a small smile and a tilt of her head. "I offer you my sincerest apologizes, for I must be taking my mother from you now."

Larys returned the gesture, "It is all right, Your Grace. As the Queen said our discussion ran long, so it is I who must apologize."

"Thank you for understanding, my Lord." Lilyanna chirped. Beneath her polite demeanor, Lilyanna felt nothing but disgust and hatred for Larys Strong.

It should have been your neck that was twisted at birth instead of your foot, you disgusting piece of shit!

"We will meet again to finish our talk, Lord Larys." Alicent told Larys as she and Lilyanna moved to leave the room.

"Of course, Your Grace." Larys said bowing to the Queen.

Lilyanna turned her head and looked back at Larys as she and Alicent began to leave, it was then that she noticed that Larys had already been staring at her.

Lilyanna felt as if Larys was staring into her soul, as if he knew the truth about her existence and was simply putting on an act, the same as her. Or at the least, he had been paying her more attention than she had realized, Lilyanna had to actively fight not to shudder under Larys' unwavering gaze.

Lilyanna said nothing as she and Alicent walked to garden, nor did she speak when she sat with her siblings on the blanket they placed at the base of a tree. Larys Strong and his 'casual' talk with her mother had refused to leave her mind.

Lilyanna had ignored Larys Strong up until now, it was easy as he rarely spoke or made himself known, usually blending into the crowd.

I have been focused on my family and I never noticed Larys around mom, so I didn't pay him and his creepiness any mind. Just how long have they been having these 'conversations' and why did I not notice?

And what were they talking about? I know in the show, Alicent would confide in Larys about Rhaenyra, Viserys, and Otto, so is that what they were doing?

Lilyanna knew that Alicent and Rhaenyra were still fighting each other to become the true power in King's Landing, especially since Viserys was doing nothing to stop them. It would make sense for Alicent to align herself with Larys as he knew of almost everything that happened within the walls of the Red Keep.