Dirty little secret 3

"Uh, Billy here tells me, uh, there's some problem with my nomination, and you're the only one who's qualified to tell me about it

"Uh, Billy here tells me, uh, there's some problem with my nomination, and you're the only one who's qualified to tell me about it." Patrick Keating says after looking a billy who just smiled at him. Elizabeth looks at him up and down and then turns to Olivia who has an amused expression on.

"Mrs. Keating, perhaps you'd like to come with me and get a cup of coffee." Abby suggests but Patrick put his hand over his wife. "She's my wife. Anything you have to say to me, you can say to her. I don't have secrets." Patrick says earning silence back. Instead of responding Elizabeth just urges them to sit down.

As they sit down Elizabeth sits on the desk. "Your honor, your name was discovered on a list of our client's customers, dating back to the early 1990s.
According to her records, you visited a prostitute named Stacey. A number of times in late 1991 and early 1992 might I add." Elizabeth informs.

"Is this because I'm not one of your hyperreligious whack jobs who want to overlook the constitution in favor of whatever version of the Bible is selling the most brimstone this week?" Patrick says as he turns to billy angrily.

" Patrick, don't get worked up." His wife says trying to calm him down. "Yeah don't get worked up Patrick" Elizabeth says smiling. "Sir, I know this is a stressful process, but we are all united in trying to get you confirmed, sir... the entire administration. You have my word on that." Billy reassures him.

"If my name's on a list somewhere, I want to see it." Patrick demands. "My client's privacy is nonnegotiable. I assure you, the list is real, judge, and your name is on it." Olivia says causing Ms keating to look at her husband.

"Well, this is just...This is a bald-faced lie. That's what it is. Do you know what I've done to get here, what I've had to give up? My entire career... my entire life has been about sitting on that bench, about the law, about following the law. I would never in..." Patrick stammers but is cut off by Elizabeth. "That may be true, but we need to go into crisis mode now. My advice to you is that you pull your name from consideration, blame it on a medical ailment or a personal family matter, state how grateful you are to have been chosen but that you have to withdraw. Blah blah crap like that. Perhaps we could sit you down with Diane Sawyer" Elizabeth says as she begins playing with the pen that is on the desk.

"No, I did not do this, and I will not lie, and I will not withdraw my name. The president called me to serve" Patrick says getting up. "Oh boy the president" elizabeth mumbles as she rolls her eyes. "and I will not turn my back on my duty to my country." Patrick says before leaving the room.

"He didn't do this. I know he didn't. Losing the nomination... it'll kill him. Please don't let that happen."  Stacy says with a desperate tone making Elizabeth narrow her eyes.