#3 unattended perplexity

jisung's steps were rather decelerated this morning.

despite the energy drink held in his clutch, he couldn't get himself to upsurge the feelings of arriving to school, his usual timings. being school president, it was an obligation for him to show up an hour or half early before the other students. he was crushed on receiving the news when he'd first been elected, but eventually he'd grown used to it.

but really, he just needed a reason to stall this time- purposely knowing both chan and seungmin would interrogate him. he even stayed up throughout the night, pondering over what his hyung would lecture him by. even coming up with a matching debate- claiming it was solely their idea to take him out that night.

his ill-fate, weirdly made the route appear shorter as he already stood on the campus grounds. inhaling a chunk of his pride, he began strolling towards the student council lounge, greeting his fellow council mates throughout his walk as well.

his hand came to rest on the infamous door knob of the prescribed classroom. he then began doubting if facing his friends was necessary or not, considering to just turn away and call in sick for today- because running away from his fears was an easier option. however, han jisung was never like that. he always faced his fears—

the door instantly flung open, ceasing his thoughts as he was met with chan's blunt expression.

"what took you so long?"

"i slept through my alarm."

jisung gulped, despite chan having his usual tone and composure, it only tensed him more. hesitantly, he made his way towards their usual desk where he set down his bag and can of energy drink.

he also faced seungmin who was seated across him, only sparing a glance towards his presence while he invested more into a book he was reading.

chan who made sure the door was securely closed so no eavesdropping would occur, also glanced at the empty hallways through the small window positioned next to the door as he then trudged towards his two best friends.

he slithered into a seat next to seungmin and began, "i just want to remove the white elephant in the room."

on that note, seungmin paused his reading session and set his book aside, "me too." he joined.

"jisung, could you elaborate everything you can recall from that night?"

the brunette felt a crimson bloom across his cheeks as he quickly shook his head, "n-no, sorry.."

sighing, chan continued to maintain his gentle voice, "do you atleast remember who was responsible?"

coming from his questions, jisung could tell seungmin never reported the news briefly to the older. he could figure that out since the latter wanted him to be the one to deliver the news himself.

again, he shook his head, 'no'.

"alright, can you at least recall anything that happened before we split apart?"

"well," he bit the bottom of his lip, "i remember playing a clichè game of spinning the bottle, and most of the participants were seniors as to what i could recall."

"could you name all the seniors you remember?" chan intervened.

"not really, seo changbin was one and—" jisung quickly cut himself off by an abrupt pause of realization, "wait, is this just an interrogation so that you can figure out which person was responsible and report them!?" he seethed, pointing an accusing finger towards the eldest.

"basically." seungmin blankly stated, earning a glare from the blonde seated beside him.

"hyung!" jisung whined, "i don't know how many times i have to go through this, but i don't want you to report anybody!"