#4 truthful deeds

'i will never make you lonely.'

»»— *. ・. * ・☆ . . ・☾. * ・☆. *・.* ・. —««

the following night, instead of conjuring ideas for a convincing apology, han, instead had his mind drifted towards what cunning route minho was involving with this incident.

that came to a regret, since he'd completely forgotten his script as soon as he'd entered the student council room- two heads perking up on his arrival.

instant panic set ablaze on seeing the intimidation laced within chan's features, having him realize that the older hadn't yet gotten over the prior argument. he was well aware, that the older would rather distance himself- not until he'd make the first move to hold a conversation and settle the argument personally. and he'd respected that- except, he hadn't thought out his words just yet.

so while adjusting the strap of his backpack, he forced a smile, approaching his friends while placing down his belongings across them.

"good morning.." he trailed along, receiving a small, hesitant response from seungmin- otherwise, chan chose to indulge more into his homework, ignorant of his arrival.

seungmin eyed jisung, alarming him to hold a conversation and mumble an apology at the least, however jisung could helplessly shrug as he pouted in trepidation.

"chan hyung," he finally called out, which made the blonde pause from flipping the pages of his book, raising his gaze to meet the younger's, waiting for him to continue. "i'm sorr—"

"it's fine." he quickly cut him off, startling jisung at the sudden remark. "i should be the one apologizing for caring, anyways."

upon noticing the sad smile drawing his lips, jisung's heart began to soften. seeing the older so vulnerable, broke down his own walls of protection. "hyung~" he cooed.

"i'm not holding anything against you." he affirmed, stretching out his hand to rest against his hyung's, "i know you always try your best to protect me and look out for me, and i couldn't have been more thankful. nobody ever cares for me the way you do. you know, i treasure that."

chan's heart too, eventually found itself warming at his genuine words. his act dissolving as he hesitated on clearing things out. he also was aware that his overprotective nature over his loved ones went overboard at times. he'd now regretted the male pleading for forgiveness, when it was entirely his fault.

"i.." he stammered, searching for words as he sighed, "i guess i have been too restricted.." he admitted.

as soon as their eyes met, a contagious smile began rising their cheeks, much to seungmin's relief. it was a mutual understanding that their small quarrel had been dissolved at the earliest.

"c'mere." the older giggled, jisung following his order with a grin as he arose from his seat to launch himself into the blonde's arms, embracing their friendship, as he always did.

"you're really intimidating when you're angry hyung," jisung tucked out the bottom of his lip, in a pout. feeling contempt on the blonde stroking the back of his head.

"i'm sorry, sung." chan giggled, eyeing seungmin who watched them from afar with crossed arms. "what're you standing there for?" he pointed out, further extending his arms for the brunette to indulge into a group hug.

rolling his eyes, he too gave in eventually. squeezing into a condensed hug, as their friendship reformatted.

jisung wished he could stay in the embrace of his friends- distracted from the worldly hardships he'd had to overcome in his future.