#8 urgent needs

'i don't deserve you.'

»»— *. ・. * ・☆ . . ・☾. * ・☆. *・.* ・. —««

the sun began setting down, coating its apricot hue to sprawl against the lakes muddled into softer sand. tinges of pink and grey mushed down to paint a pastel tone, creating a perfect contrast for the time that wrung 7 pm.

after a while of only muttering algebraic equations, jisung's mouth grew drier, and he could also read the prominent exhaustion on the redheads features as well.

"i think we can wrap it up for today."

nodding diligently while rubbing against his eyelids, jeongin yawned in agreement.

"thank you, hyung." he looked up expectantly towards the brunette, "i can call you that right?"

"of course, jeongin." jisung smiled, finding his alertness amusing and an adorable trait. he reached out to give a small ruffle to his red locks.

"also, before you leave," jisung stopped him just as he slung a singular bag strap over his shoulder, "why did you want to know about bang chan?"

on that notice, the younger stiffened briefly. jisung could easily tell the attempts he made of masking his nervousness. but he was very experienced and dealt with emotions far more mature than teenagers his age.

"i've spoken to him a couple of times.." jeongin began admitting as he guided jisung to follow him out the door, "he seems genuine and i would like him as a friend.." the faint shade of crimson shaded his pale cheeks.

"but i just wanted to confirm whether he was a good influence or not, just in case." keenly, he wrapped his arm with jisung's to avoid him from running into a book shelf, "i know how dangerous seniors usually are.."

"dangerous?" the brunette fit a small giggle between his words, "they
always try to make themselves appear fierce and bold, but in reality they can't really do much."

"really?"

just as jisung was about to bring up the topic of the jocks he dealt with earlier, and especially how it took only a few words to keep them off guard, another sight made him tilt his head in confusion as he fixated his gaze towards a familiar back profile leaning against a desk.

"wait," he stopped, approaching the slouched figure with a curious jeongin following behind. "minho?"

at the mention of his name, the blonde jolted awake with sluggish eyes and extreme revolt of alertness, "i'm awake!" he shouted, echoing throughout the empty halls.

sighing, the brunette pulled the redhead over and pointed towards him, "see what i mean." he encouraged.

"they're all, in reality, cowards."

jeongin fought back a laugh by holding his hand against his lips to muffle it out, but it was quite obvious to the older and the snickering brunette who stood proudly at his own affirmation.

"coward, huh?" he cocked brown while rising from his seat to match the younger's eyes, "such pleasant words to wake up to."

"indeed." jisung dripped in sarcasm, "what are you even doing here?" he diverted the topic.

"waiting for you."

"why?"

minho batted his eyelashes towards the freshmen hid behind the brunette, then directed back towards the shorter, "i'm stressed." he simply stated;

"i need you."

an instant shade of scarlet bloomed all over the apples of his cheeks as he gulped on his own saliva, "w-what.." he was at a loss of words. the words caught up in his throat and refused to unravel through his tongue.