07- A good sister

"And he pushed him in the lake?!" Lorelai asked her daughter for the fifth time not believing the words coming out of the mouth of youngest Gilmore

Freddy ones again nodded and the two girls ended up howling with laughter again both clutching their stomach. "Oh god mom you should have seen them! They both looked like angry ducks walking." Freddy wheezed.

Lorelai roared with laughter again making a mental image of the Danes boys walking angrily. Their laughter stopped when there was a knock on the door.

Freddy was wrapped in a blanket her hair wet and the clothes sticking to her body. When she saw Luke she excitedly went towards him pinching his cheeks.

"Oh my god Lukey you are absolutely hilarious and an adorable angry duck."'she chimed Lorelai laughed while Luke stood confused.

"Okay I am gonna go and change. Bye Lucas." Freddy waved him goodbye and went to her shared bedroom. "Oh my god Rors you missed the most amazing moment!" Freddy shrikes with excitement and went to tell her twin about it.

"Rrrroooorrryyy." Freddy dragged the syllables in her twins name as she stared at her sister studying. Freddy was laying in her bed her chemistry book on her chest.

"Oh the best sister in the entire world! My most favourite sister. The most precious thing in this entire universe!" Rory giggled at her twins dramatic as she started up at her with her baby blue eyes.

"What do you want Fred?" She questioned her eyes glancing between her twin and her English essay.

"I am bored Rors so so terribly bored. I will surely die if this madness of mine and this bore of my life doesn't spice up with drama!" Freddy dramatically exclaimed as she shook Rory's shoulder.

"You make no sense Fred." Rory chuckled closing her books and making a thinking face, as Freddy stared at her with puppy dog eyes.

"Let's go book shopping that will cheer you up." Freddy squealed and hugged her sister tight. "Yay book shopping!!" She exclaimed dragging Rory out with her.

"Bye Mother! Book shopping!" And with that the two girls sprinted racing each other.

Freddy was lost in the thriller section while Rory had already gotten her books and paid for them. "Freddy I need to give Lane a book. I will page you when I am done." Freddy hummed in answer as she continued inspecting each book with interest.

As Rory left the store, Jess was quick to join the brunette he had grown a liking towards. "Hey" Jess breathed looking in her baby blue eyes. "Hey yourself." Rory replied.

"I needed something for school. What about you?" Jess replied with a hum too busy contemplating whether or not to give the book he had borrowed.

The two shared a small talk with Rory constantly shooting question towards the boy. At last Jess handed her the book. "You bought a copy? I told you I'd lend you our's."

"It's yours." Jess muttered and stopped walking as Rory stood their frozen.

"You stole our book."
"Nope I borrowed it Gilmore."

Rory paled as realisation hit, she cleared her throat thinking different ways to apologies to her sister. "Okay, that's not called a trick, that's called a felony."

"I just wanted to put some notes in the margins for you. The notes you wrote are quite witty, do you tend to write your feeling in the margins? That's the first time I have seen someone do it." Jess admitted watching Rory paled as she flipped through the book.

"You should talk to Freddy." Rory blutered an uneasy feeling engulfing her. Jess looked at her confused as he took the copy which Rory forcefully thrusted in his hands.

"Look that's not my book, it's Freddy's and y-you should give it to her." Rory shuttered remembering how her twin was always left behind in the shadow and she didn't wanted to be a bad sister.

"We have tradition we would read a book annotate it for each other and then exchange the books. And read it in the school for our fist day. Freddy annotated it for me." Rory rambled as the uneasy feeling started to wear away from her.

"Just go and talk to her or whatever. She is in the bookstore and for the love of god take it easy on her." Rory said not knowing that her twin had already talked to the boy.

Knowing that Freddy got super anxious talking to new people Rory didn't wanted to hurt her sister in any way. "I need to go to Lane." With that Rory ran towards her best friends house.

Jess stood there speechless as he watched the brunette run. Thousands of thought ran in his mind not understanding anything at all. He took out a cigarette out from his pocket and began to smoke, groaning in frustration.

After smoking away his second cigarette Jess took out his third and lighted it up. But the cigarette was stolen from his mouth and put off.

Jess was ready to cut the fingers of the person who did but he stopped when he saw Freddy glaring at him. "You shouldn't smoke it's bad for you health and if Taylor sees you. Say goodbye to the world Jess."

Jess remain silent watching at the good cigarette crushed, Freddy sat beside him watching the street of Stars Hollow. After a moment of silence Freddy spoke up.

Freddy didn't knew why she was sitting beside the boy, but somewhere inside her she wanted to stay and give the lonely boy company.

"You know smoking won't heal whatever problems you have Jess." She spoke softly examining her nails a nervous habit of her. "You need to stop, it kills you otherwise."

"Some people smoke to wash the pain away, and some smoke to die." Jess spoke playing with the hem of his jacket. "And then some smoke because it becomes their ritual."

Freddy smiled at his words. "That's beautiful, you should write it down somewhere." She encouraged him a soft smile on her face.

And so the two sat in comfortable silence occasionally glancing at each other.

A beep bought Freddy in attention as she read the message her sister had sent her. "Well I need to go otherwise Mama Gilmore would through a tantrum." She joked standing up and dusting her clothes.

"Well....I will see you tomorrow at school Jess, Night." With a small smile Freddy walked away from the boy who continued to stare at her, watching as her body became smaller and smaller and then disappeared.

He got up smashing the already smashed cigarette laughing as madness of an idea strike him. And so he ran and did what his impulses said.

A/N
Hello everyone! Thank you so much for reading!!
I can not believe this story reached 1k reads in only a week of it being published!
I would like to thank every single person who read and voted on this story.
Thank you so much for constant support.
I hope you all have an amazing day/night.
Love,
Ly