08- If I die I lived a happy life

JUST like every other Friday, Freddy woke up early at four in the morning carrying her usual morning routine and sitting by the window while she read a book

Freddy liked the early morning hours, it made her feel happy. The feeling of being the only one conscious while most slept, made her smile.

With a pen in hand she began to write in the journal she always carried with her. Her journal was one of the most precious thing she would ever own. It was given by Richard and Emily Gilmore when they found out that the girl had passion for writing.

And so after the 10th birthday each year the grandparents would gift her an expensive journal for her to write in. They wouldn't ever admit it but they loved the youngest Gilmore with all their heart.

Freddy would write about her feelings and story she would work on. Most of times the pages were covered in poems and short songs that she would write. She always wanted to be a songwriter.

She tapped her pencil impatiently on the wood as she thought of good lyrics that would rhyme with the tune made up in her brain. She continued to hum the tune trying to think of good lyrics.

Closing her eyes she focused on anything that would come to her mind. Her lips twitched when image of a drenched Jess came into her view. She chuckled and wrote the lyrics.

An angry duck like walk,
Cigarettes dangling from your mouth.
The lake where we would drown,
The sorrows and grief.
Would you like me back somehow?

She smiled at her small work, gathering her books she went to Luke's to start her day and her job.

"Hello Lucas!" She greeted the grumpy man who looked like he hadn't  slept a wink. "You good? You know I can cover for you. You don't look good, you should rest Luke." The girl worried bombarded him with question.

"No it's okay Fred Bean plus, you have school so now start working before I cut off your wages." Freddy gasped dramatically putting a hand on her chest. "You wouldn't dare Lucas!" She exclaimed getting ready for her work.

"Freddy I need chocolate syrup." The voice of Caesar alerted the brunette as she walked into the storage room to gather some chocolate syrup which was totally out of her reach.

Freddy groaned as went on tip toes trying to reach the box. "Oh come on just a little bit more." She whispered to herself trying to reach the boxes above. "Damn my height why does Rory get all the good genes fucking good looking blue eyed hen." She groaned stretching her body.

Giving up Freddy tilt her head backwards her arms on her waist. Freddy glared at the boxes making a decision to jump and grab the box.

"If I die doing this....I lived a happy life." Taking a deep breath Freddy jumped grabbing the box..unsuccessfully. Her eyes widen as she saw the boxes about to fall off the rack.

She closed her eyes bracing for the impact. When she felt nothing she opened her eyes slowly breathing deeply. Her gaze moved towards Jess who was keeping the boxes in balance with his hand.

Freddy breathed out of relief her eyes widening again when she realised the closeness of two.
Clearing her throat she stepped back blush forming on her cheeks. "Thank you." She squeaked trying to regain her posture.

"You could have hurt yourself short cake." Freddy glared at the taller boy making him smirk in response. "Don't. Call. Me. That." Freddy snapped narrowing the eyes at him before a smirk formed on her face.

"Now give me that box James Dean wanna be." She said chuckling at his face and forcefully grabbing the box of chocolate syrup from him.

Freddy moved from the storage room doing her job with Jess following her like a dog on leash.
"Fffrrrreeeedddddyyyyy." He kept annoying the girl while she did her work.

Freddy tried her best to not to be annoyed by the mysterious boy but she miserably failed. Jess would keep on poking her on shoulder, cheek her side.

He even kept chanting her name like a spell trying to grab the attention of the girl. "Let me work Jess." She said irritated picking up the food tray and jabbing him in the stomach with her elbow.

Jess haunches in pain a whimper escaping his lips. He cursed at her while Freddy only gave him a big smile of triumph.

After few minutes of working in silence Jess was back to annoy the shorter brunette. "Please Freddy? I want to talk you about something."
Jess said pleading.

Freddy sighed she turned around to face him glaring at the taller boy. "Fine you have got five minutes." Jess grinned at her taking her hands and making her sit in one of the chairs.

"So you read." He stated Freddy awkwardly nodded not understanding him. "What about it." She muttered staring blankly at him.

"Uhh um nothing just uh wanted to ask." He says nervously passing her the book that she had annotated for Rory. "The outsiders, I love that book. You are reading it?" She asked a smile replacing her frown.

"Oh no I have read the book." Jess said all the courage that he had gathered to give Freddy the book gone in snap of fingers. "I uh I annotated it." Jess said quickly and ran away from the diner.

Freddy said there dumbfounded she couldn't even catch on what he had said. Her eyes then fell on the book in-front her.

Her smile turned into a small frown when she notice the small F on the cover of the book. She knew that was her book. She flipped through the book.

Her face changed into that of surprise. "He annotated it." She asks herself breathless eyes widen in shock.

Freddy really couldn't comprehend more.