11-Story Behind Names

"And you agreed so easily? No way there has to be some kind of catch

"And you agreed so easily? No way there has to be some kind of catch." Jess exclaimed looking oddly at the shorter brunette he had grown a liking to.

"Why would you think there would be some kind of catch?" Freddy innocently asked, through the many weeks after her being well aware of Jess's crush on her older twin she had accepted the fact that he would never grow a liking towards her.

So with a heavy heart she unknowingly cried for his love while smiling the whole time. But the whole time she had convinced her self that she hated him and that Jess Mariano was annoying and a pain in the ass.

Jess raised his eyebrow, already knowing the answer to her question. Freddy rolled her eyes sighing "Fine I asked her to do my calculus homework. How do you know me so well." She groaned.

Jess laughed ruffling her hair, "Because you are Freddy the most predictable creature on this planet Mercury." Jess smirked. Freddy gasped hitting his arm.

"Don't call me that!" She shrieks glaring at him. "How do you even know about that anyway?!" She asked her hands moving in the air frantically.

Jess only smirked as a response. "You just confirmed my suspicions." Fredy huffed folding her arms and looking away from him. "Hey don't be so sad mercury." Jess mocked pulling her face by her chin.

The two stopped walking as they reached the bridge sitting at the edge of it with legs dangling. "Did I ever tell you how much I hate you Mariano?" Freddy said out loud as she fumbled taking out her socks.

"No but you surely mentioned how much you love me." Jess said wiggling his eyebrows and joining her with his feet in the lake.

"As if. I could never love a man like you Mariano." Freddy said rolling her eyes. Jess bit back the hurt which was bought to him by her words he surely was offended by her words.

"Nah you would definitely regret your words one day Gilmore." He muttered watching the sunset with a smile on his face. "I highly doubt it. Plus you have Rory to swoon over." Freddy remarked.

The ache in her chest was unbearable as the sentence escaped her lips. She didn't know why and she didn't want to figure out why. She would not take the boy from her sister even tough she was the first one to meet him and talk to him.

"Why did your mother named you after Freddy tough? Could have been Roger that man is hella good." Jess said playing with his lighter. Freddy smiled at his words.

"Because mom and dad loves the Queen. They actually made up after a breakup because they listened to one of the Queen song and they realised their mistake." She explained with a shine in her eyes.

"And mom just adored Freddie and John and it was a hard tie between the two. So she chose Freddie for whoever it may be boy or girl." She explained with a small smile on her face.

"Then what about your middle name? Wait what's your middle name?" Jess quizzed genuinely trying to get to know her better. Freddy shook her head saying no as the answer.

"Aww come on Weasel tell me." Freddy only shook her head. "Come on why are you not telling me?" Jess pouted showing his best puppy dog eyes.

Freddy groaned pushing Jess face away from her mumbling a fine. "You will laugh at the name." She said rubbing her arms together. Jess faked innocence.

"I promise I won't laugh." He said with so genuinely she had no chance but give in and fall in the fake puppy face trap.

"Fine." Freddy sighed Jess smiled waving his hands in the air and moving is body. Freddy laughed at him "what are you doing?" Jess only showed her a cheeky grin.

"It's my victory dance Freds." He said laughing with her. "Okay so well mom named me after my grandpa. And my middle name is Richie,
A short for Richard." Freddy said ready for the laughter but it never came.

She looked at Jess who was beaming with a smile but his eyes said a different story which she couldn't figure out. "That's a beautiful story behind a name." He said.

The two sat in silence watching as the sun disappeared in the lake leaving the purple and blue hues behind in the sky.

"So who will be your escort?" Freddy stiffened at the question. She had no clue who would take her she had no one. And no one had ever shown any kind of romantic interest in her.

She didn't know who she would ask and she didn't wanted to discuss this with anyone and especially Jess.

"Oh uh I don't know someone for sure." She said making swirls in the water with her feet.

Jess looked her knowingly, even tough he had know the girl for few weeks he had developed a sense of love and the need to protect her.

He didn't know why he felt that way towards the girl maybe it was their fake banters and how she was the first one to accept him and care about him apart from the many adults.

He was lost but he didn't wanted to search for an answer. Because he was busy planning to get Rory to be his. And he wanted to focus on that more.

The two sat in silence not uttering a word. Freddy was still stiff not really knowing who will escort her and she didn't dare to make a joke of herself by talking about it to her mother.

"Let's go it's getting dark and I have to complete my homework." Freddy said getting out of water and taking her shoes in one hand. Jess followed her and the two walked towards the diner.

"Honestly I think Queen is overrated." Jess blather out, truth to be told he had never listen to Queen because everyone listens to them and he was in his 'not like the others' phase.

Freddy gasped loudly as she looked at him annoyed. "How dare you say that!? Take that back you foul evil snake!" She seethed glaring at him. Jess only shrugged.

"I think you are an offence to society Mariano."
Freddy grumbled.
"Oh how is that possible Richie Rich?" Jess asked raising his eyebrow in a cocky manner.

"Because how can one not like Queens music! Hey stop calling me that." Freddy said narrowing her eyes at the taller boy.

"Never mercury." He said with a cheeky grin his eyes widen as Freddy attacked him with her shoes as she hit him with them telling him to take the words back.

"Oh my god you are crazy!" Jess shouted as he got away from the girl running away to diner with Freddy behind him.