Chapter 6: The Annoyance

"He's here!" Jorginho announced as Markris walked over to the table he shared with Hermes.

"Do you guys do nothing asides from drinking?" He hissed, taking a seat. From their position at the secluded spot in the bar, they could see everyone, but only the ones closer could see them. He used that opportunity to look around, grateful they were not too many people in the bar.

"But you're out, yeah?" Jorginho said, pouring him a shot. "Here." He handed it over to Markris, who hesitated for a minute before accepting the drink.

He sighed and brought the drink to his lip. "Bad influences." He muttered under his breath before throwing his head back and downing the shot.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Jorginho drummed his fingers across the table while Hermes sat there, observing Markris. It was what he did best. He liked to gauge everything in his mind first before he spoke.

"Are you obsessed with me?" He suddenly turned to face Hermes.

Hermes scoffed. "You wish. I was just curious as to why you're acting like we forced you to come out when you explicitly said last week you needed to unwind. Also, when do you plan on moving back to your own house? Jorginho won't...."

"Won't stop talking about how great of a guest you are." Jorginho quickly interrupted, kicking the side of Hermes's legs underneath the table.
Markris looked from one man to the other as they suddenly developed a neutral face. He shook his head and poured himself another shot of the whiskey.

"Too many questions I don't have all the answers to," He brought it down his throat and gave it a few seconds to settle before he continued.

"Anyway, to answer the most important question, I'm out to hunt," Markris said, looking around again. It was as if the people in the bar had suddenly tripled in numbers. They were more girls present too, and the music was getting higher.

"Hunt?" Hermes threw a look at Jorginho, who was grinning with pride.

"Oh." He finally understood the meaning. "Why did you say it like we're some animals, though?" He muttered to himself.

"We are higher animals, though." Jorginho laughed, catching on. There was nothing he loved more than the chase. Women were extraordinary creatures who needed to feel special, to reciprocate their feelings. Unlike a lot of men, he didn't mind doing the work.

"Look how excited you are." Hermes shook his head and sipped from his beer. He needed something milder. Spirit always had a way of messing him up, so he chose the beer for the night.

"So, what exactly are we looking for here?" Jorginho switchd to the seat beside Markris.

"The blonde?" He pointed over to a flirting shamelessly with the bartender.

"Why does she look like Ariana?" Markris squeezed his face.

"Speaking for Ariana," Hermes suddenly said, and they turned their attention to him. "Did you know she quit?" He asked, looking between the two.

"Really? Why?" Jorginho's eyes widened. He looked genuinely clueless, so Hermes turned to look at Markris, who had a masked expression.

"Maybe she got a better offer." He shrugged, praying Hermes did not push it. He didn't want to remember the night of his bachelor's party and what she had told him.

"A better offer?" He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "What company pays its staff as much as your company does? It's a dream job for millions! Also, how come she quit after your little conversation that night? What did you, too, talk about?"

Jorginho threw him a sharp look, waiting for an answer too. He told had been curious about that little outing. Mainly because when Markris returned, all he wanted to do was drink and drink some more.