Chapter Five

Chapter Five | Cinnamon's Wake -------------☀︎︎𖣔☀︎︎-------------

-------------☀︎︎𖣔☀︎︎-------------

Friday night dinner was in full swing, Richard was off travelling for work and his absence was noticeable. "So where'd you say dad was" Lorelai asked her mother before taking another bite of her food."Away on business"

"Location top secret?" She tested her mother. "Oh Germany," Emily said in realisation. "Germany. Is Dad's firm insuring Na.."

"Not a funny joke mom, stop while you're ahead," Lee said cutting Lorelai off before she could say something offensive

-------------☀︎︎𖣔☀︎︎-------------

"Thanks for letting me use your kitchen Luke, bring them by for me later ?' Lee asked as she put her multiple tubs, trays and tins behind the counter. "Sure, what exactly did you make"

"White chocolate oat cookies, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, chocolate covered cornflake clusters, chocolate cupcakes, strawberry tarts and mini apple pies" she listed.

"I guess that explains why you have been in my kitchen since 5 am," Luke said before wishing Lee a good day at school as she left the dinner. Lee arrived at the bus stop and stepped on just as Stars Hollow's new boy, Dean stepped off

-------------☀︎︎𖣔☀︎︎-------------

Lee had just said goodbye to Luke after he dropped off all her baked treats. She set up her table right next to Sookie and was selling everything without a problem. "Hey Gilmore, one of each, please," Tristan said stopping at her table, Lee was quick to hand him everything in a purple paper box in exchange for his money.

"Now shoo before my mother or her best friend spot you and come over here to introduce themselves" Lee said shooing him with her hands. Tristan just smirked circling the table and sitting down on the wall behind her table "Even more reason to stay" He said earning himself an eye roll.

5 minutes was all it took for Sookie to appear at the table and introduce herself to Tristan. To Lee's surprise, she didn't scare him off with her slightly waki ways and there was actually a genuine smile on his face.

-------------☀︎︎𖣔☀︎︎----------

---

Lee had been home for an hour when Rory came and told her about Cinnamon's death, she was a wreck. Lorelai had not been able to keep an animal alive for as long as she had been alive which had led to Cinnamon being as close to a pet as Lee could get. Lee loved Cinnamon, she would cat sit every time she got the chance, buy her toys and had at least 100 photos of them together now due to the cat's death Lee is sitting on the grass out back of Babbettes on the phone while everybody started to arrive at the wake. "Ok, Lee all you've done since I picked up the phone is cry, are you ok? Try and form a sentence for me yeah"

"Cinnamon died and Olivia and Oliver are visiting their grandparents in Florida till tomorrow so there's no one for me to cry to without feeling embarrassed except you" Lee sniffled into the phone.

"Well I'm glad I'm trusted, and if I remember correctly Cinnamon is your neighbour's cat, right?" Tristan asked earning a hum of agreement from Lee. "Why don't you tell me a story about Cinnamon" He said shuffling being heard in the background. "Is this a bad time because I can cry alone, you don't..."

"Stop, tell me about Cinnamon," He said cutting her off.

"Um, when I was seven I wanted to be Belle for Halloween, Olivia was Cinderella and Oliver wanted to be Aurora, But I wanted a Beast and Rory refused to Babette dressed Cinnamon up and gave me a lead to take him with us trick or treating." She said laughing slightly as she told the story.

"Well I would love to see a picture of that, I bet you look adorable," He said a faint car reve in the background"

"Are you driving?"

"Technically, no"

"Technically?"

"My parent's driver is driving," Tristan said and Lee could almost hear the smirk on his face.

"Are you with them? I don't want to interrupt" She asked

"No just borrowing the driver so I can stay on the line while still getting to Stars Hollow"

"Stars Hollow?"

"I can't just listen to you cry over the phone, I should be there in 30 minutes. Tell me another story"

-------------☀︎︎𖣔☀︎︎-------------

The second Tristan arrived he rushed out of the car and to a puffy-eyed Lee who had stood at the end of the path waiting for his arrival. He swept her up into a hug, squeezing her tight. "Food has just arrived if you want me to run in a get you a plate" Lee said as they pulled away from each other.

"Why am I too ugly to go inside," He said placing his hand on his heart in faux devastation causing Lee to laugh. "No definitely not too ugly, you're just ugly enough. It's just this town is very weird and once you step in there you may never leave. Plus my mom is in there and I don't think she has realised that all the time I've spent in Hartford recently has been with a boy and not her mother." Lee teased. Tristan grinned as he swung his arm over her shoulder and directed them towards the house.

"I will risk it"

-------------☀︎︎𖣔☀︎︎-------------

Tristan and Lee had been in the house for less than 10 seconds when Babbette made her way over "Oh, sugar, how are you?"

"I'm coping. How are you?," Lee asked as she as Babbette pulled her into a hug.

"I'll manage. Who's your friend?"

"This is Tristian, a friend from school"

"Patty! come over here!"

-------------☀︎︎𖣔☀︎︎-------------

"So you have now met everyone in Stars Hollow except my mother and Luke," Lee said as she walked Tristan to his car.

"Well, I'm glad I missed your mother and honorary father. I feel like l should wait to meet them after I've plucked up the courage to make you my girlfriend"

"And who said I would want to be your girlfriend"

"We both know you do," He said as he slipped into the backseat of the car "See you tomorrow Gilmore"

-------------☀︎︎𖣔☀︎︎-------------

authors note

In this house, we take the deaths of animals very seriously