Chapter Six

Chapter Six | Rory's Birthday Party-------------☀︎︎𖣔☀︎︎-------------

-------------☀︎︎𖣔☀︎︎-------------

"wait, Mom is going on a date with Mr Midena?" Lee asked again as she and Rory sat on the couch, waiting for their mom to get home from work. "yep, and please, please, please, try to be ok with it. She seems to really like him," Rory begged. "Fine"

-------------☀︎︎𖣔☀︎︎-------------

Every year since Lee and Rory turned 10, Lee has spent the Saturday after her birthday with her grandparents, except this year. This year, Lee was going to spend her actual birthday with her grandparents as they were throwing the twins a party. Lee had provided her grandmother with a list of people from Chilton she wanted there, which was pretty much everyone in her grade minus a few annoying boys; she also made her grandmother invite Oliver and Olivia, as well as giving Olivia a plus one so she could bring her new boyfriend, Colin.

Lee was currently switching books in her locker when Tristan approached her. "Hey, happy birthday."

"It's not my birthday", Lee said, confused. 

"No, but it will be," he said, holding an invitation in front of her face. "On Friday at 4:03 in the morning, Lorelai Leigh and Emily Mia Gilmore..."

"Oh, those were sent out today, fun" She scowled as she snatched the invitation from his hand. "She went a little dramatic, though; Rory is going to freak."

-------------☀︎︎𖣔☀︎︎-------------

Rory and Lee treaded into Luke's opposite expressions on their faces. "Wow, Lee, you seem happy", Lorelai said as she met her daughters at the table. 

"Well, Grandma remembered to invite everyone I wanted to the party, so now I get to celebrate with both my Chilton and Stars Hollow friends." She said with a smile 

"Well, you seem to be doing better than your sister. bad day?" Lorelai asked her oldest.

"Coffee", Rory grumbled, "Very bad day, I've now used the word suck so much it lost all meaning to me." 

"Well, maybe this will cheer you up", Lorelei grinned, holding two garment bags. "There are our party dresses; Lee, your grandma said you already had a dress."

"Yeah, I made one," Lee said before Lorelei turned back to Rory. OK, well, I was shopping with your grandmother, and it had been a whole three hours of who you were buying that for Mom, and then finally I talked, and she listened, and she wound up getting you something I think you're really going to like."

-------------☀︎︎𖣔☀︎︎-------------

It was the middle of the night, 4.03 am exactly, and Lee woke up to hear her mother climbing into bed with her sister to tell her the story of their birth just like she does with Rory every year.